Safety Q&A

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Safety Q&A

Postby Pock63 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Don't get casting plastick on youre hands because when the chemmicle reaction starts it will burn you.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Wesr » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:08 am

you have no idea lol. it burns if they're seperate its worse when they're mixed and reacting because then its like glue. I never too the temp but i know the stuff i use gets hot enough to deform the mixing cups i use adn they're meant to hold coffee. I usually end up holding it with a rag in case.
Wesr
Realminator

Re:

Postby blaynescott » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:47 pm

pock63 wrote:I found a sulootin to my problem I got perscriptian gogles a cuple of years back for sports but never thought to use them for this.

Your spelling still hurts my brain Pock. ;) If you use Firefox as a browser, it will underline incorrectly spelled words for you, just like when you'd write something in Microsoft Word. Yes, I'm wearing my teacher-hat right now, but how you present yourself online (and in the rest of your life) effects how people perceive and treat you. Unless you have a severe learning disability, try to work on your spelling. :) You'll automatically have more respect from people when communicating within the customizing community.

Cheers, and happy new year. :)
-Blayne
::: Figure Sale/Trade List:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18018
:: Figure Trade Want List:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28176&p=144418
: Custom Figure Website:
http://blayne.dark-ware.org/
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:10 pm

We need to make one day this month the official day to spell badly in order to drive Blayne insane day :lol:
Wesr
Realminator

Postby blaynescott » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:41 pm

sephiroth wrote:We need to make one day this month the official day to spell badly in order to drive Blayne insane day :lol:

Heh, when it's kids learning a second language that monkey up spellings, it's cool. When it's people whose English is their first language...

::Shakes head::
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Re: Re:

Postby bobtheodd » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:43 pm

blaynescott wrote:
Your spelling still hurts my brain Pock. ;) If you use Firefox as a browser, it will underline incorrectly spelled words for you, just like when you'd write something in Microsoft Word. Yes, I'm wearing my teacher-hat right now, but how you present yourself online (and in the rest of your life) effects how people perceive and treat you. Unless you have a severe learning disability, try to work on your spelling. :) You'll automatically have more respect from people when communicating within the customizing community.

-Blayne

blaynescott wrote:
Heh, when it's kids learning a second language that monkey up spellings, it's cool. When it's people whose English is their first language...

Must you use this safety thread to teach pock how to spell. If you want to complain about that.....hit that little PM button. No need to public ridicule him. Everyone here knows he has an issue with spelling, which has got much better lately, because of the endless joking posts.
The horse is dead......please stop kicking it.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Re: Re:

Postby blaynescott » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:30 pm

bobtheodd wrote:
blaynescott wrote:

-Blayne

blaynescott wrote:

Must you use this safety thread to teach pock how to spell. If you want to complain about that.....hit that little PM button. No need to public ridicule him. Everyone here knows he has an issue with spelling, which has got much better lately, because of the endless joking posts.
The horse is dead......please stop kicking it.

Fair enough bob.
blaynescott
Elite Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:33 pm

We've been pretty good about not teasing him as much so once in a while isn't too bad.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Automatauntaun » Wed May 25, 2011 2:48 pm

as a dyslexic. i have to say... i understand the urging to better ones self, but as someone who is/was involved in small business in my city. a lot of the successful people aren't the best spellers and don't speak english very well...and its their native language. of the people that are making money and well to do, i know TEACHERS ( and that hurts my brain) who can't spell right and still write "ALOT"...

i get the urging and clearly you aren't mocking him. But i work hard a lot to not slip back words. and i have to agree with bob, Pm him. cause even if you mean well...it probably doesn't sit well.
Also its the internet...And no i don't like or want whole thread that say things like
"DUUD u r teh BST!"
but this is the birth place of "LOLSpeak" "Leetspeak" and Memes.But i do second ( hopefully without sounding like a hypocrite) a browser that has a spell checker...you would not want to see what my short hand typing looks like without one ;]
Automatauntaun
Elite Realmer

Postby crea-torX » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:22 am

Do not try to remove the bit of your Dremel tool BEFORE you turn the &$^#@! thing off! Trust me, you only do this once...okay twice, before you learn this isn't a good idea! :roll: Words of wisdom to learn by.
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby crea-torX » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:56 am

Automatauntaun wrote:as a dyslexic. i have to say... i understand the urging to better ones self, but as someone who is/was involved in small business in my city. a lot of the successful people aren't the best spellers and don't speak english very well...and its their native language. of the people that are making money and well to do, i know TEACHERS ( and that hurts my brain) who can't spell right and still write "ALOT"...

i get the urging and clearly you aren't mocking him. But i work hard a lot to not slip back words. and i have to agree with bob, Pm him. cause even if you mean well...it probably doesn't sit well.
Also its the internet...And no i don't like or want whole thread that say things like
"DUUD u r teh BST!"
but this is the birth place of "LOLSpeak" "Leetspeak" and Memes.But i do second ( hopefully without sounding like a hypocrite) a browser that has a spell checker...you would not want to see what my short hand typing looks like without one ;]

am I a fellow dyslexic too! Reading is really had for me at times. The words will jump or shake. Whats worse, my mind thinks there should be another word and places it in the sentence. I wanted so much to go into theater, but I could never read my lines right. Whats worse is know that there are many actors that are dyslexic! But we are VERY talented individuals too! Not only can we see out side the box, but were can see every side and tell you about. Most people can't. Is it a handicap, only if you let it hold you back! Ever tried read wearing yellow lenses? It helps some, it did me...only years later finding it out. I can remember teaches telling my folks, he isn't trying hard enough. I was in school when there wasn't a word known as dyslexia. Hag tight, there's more of us than there is of them! throw in a little A.D.D and you...oh look cookies!
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 am

My school reports often said "easily distracted" nope, easily bored.......not my fault my teachers couldn't teach in an interesting way. A.D.D wasn't even around when I was at school either.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Previous

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info