Best Paints to use

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Best Paints to use

Postby therapist » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:57 am

Hey Guys I recently got back in to the swing of customizing and am trying to improve at every turn so I am wondering. What is the best paint to use?

I checked out Citadel but their names kind of turned me off seeing as it seems they have base paints layer paints and foundation paints...daunting to say the least

Next I checked testers paints. I understood exactly what I was getting in to with those due to them lacking those whakadoo names but the bottles Just look so small for the price.

NOTES:
-I already know to only use Acrylic paints.... Strong Guy taught me that... the hard way :(
-I mostly will be using it for Marvel Legends, DCUC, & GI Joes (not sure if that matters)
"Untouchable Customs"
therapist
Realm of Famer

Re: Best Paints to use

Postby ole jade jaw » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:58 am

Just go by color. I use Testors mm, Tamiya and reaper mostly. Company's tend to specialize, Testors is generally Military color, Tamiya is mostly car and racing color, ect... I just pick up colors I need from whichever quality company I need. If you want a matte finish, Reaper has a ton of colors in the master series.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Re: Best Paints to use

Postby Pock63 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:15 am

My school of thought is the more different paints you have the better. I love to mix different paints to get the colors I want :) I very rarely use a color strait out of the bottle. I even like to mix two blacks sometimes to get a semigloss black :) I use Tamya, Valajo, Testers, Model Masters, Citadel, and on occasion Craft Paints. I also sometimes use inks to give washes for a unique effect. Just be sure to always buy acrylic so that you can mix all your paints :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info