Strong, small magnets?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Strong, small magnets?

Postby SamfordAndSon2012 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:07 pm

Does anyone have a specific type or brand or even website they use to order magnets for customizing? I picked up a 100 pack from Amazon of 1/8 inch diameter x 1/16 inch tall magnets that I was trying to use in my Spider-Man custom. The ones I got will hold him more or less, but he tends to slide and eventually fall (Spider-Man would be lame if he had to combat slipping all the time).

Any help?
SamfordAndSon2012
Newbie Realmer

Re: Strong, small magnets?

Postby Quay » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Try Gaussboys.com. I'd recommend square magnets, they will reduce sliding.
Quay
Inductee Realmer

Postby Quay » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Try Gaussboys.com. I'd recommend square magnets, they will reduce sliding.
Quay
Inductee Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 am

I personally always use disc magnets. They've worked fine for me. Be sure your getting N52 neodymium magnets. Same ones used for Warhammer. I generally get mine on evil bay from an Australian company due to price. They are what held the sculpted arms in my Absorbing Man. Most of those arms ended up quite heavy. Hardest part was getting them apart. Even the tiny ones are string and when stuck together can be a pain. N52 is the strongest grade that can be shipped I believe and you need a special license of some sort to own a larger one I've heard. Great stuff. Hope that helps! :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info