HELP!!!!!!!!!!! paint removal issue

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! paint removal issue

Postby deadpoolnesbitt » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Hey guys, I need some help. I was attempting to remove the paint from an old spider-man head for a custom and it didn't turn out so great. I tried using rubbing alcohol with little effect and then nail polish remover which did the job better but still left me with a good amount of paint so I washed it real good and it didn't change a bit and left me with black paint all over it. So does anyone have any ideas to get the rest of the paint removed, any ideas help thank you.
deadpoolnesbitt
Newbie Realmer

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!! paint removal issue

Postby ole jade jaw » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:31 pm

Goo gone or goof off. Anything stronger like laquer thinner might damage the plastic.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Quay » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Toss it in a glass of water. After a while the paint will come right off. I suppose it would depend on what kind of paint you used, but in my experience it works will all acrylic paints.
Quay
Inductee Realmer

Postby deadpoolnesbitt » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Quay wrote:Toss it in a glass of water. After a while the paint will come right off. I suppose it would depend on what kind of paint you used, but in my experience it works will all acrylic paints.

I'm trying to get the original paint off but thanks
deadpoolnesbitt
Newbie Realmer

Postby deadpoolnesbitt » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:39 pm

ole jade jaw wrote:Goo gone or goof off. Anything stronger like laquer thinner might damage the plastic.

where could I get this product at and at what price?
deadpoolnesbitt
Newbie Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Anywhere! Hardware store, the depot, he11, cvs probably carries it. They're citrus based cleaning agents, technically. A small bottle is a couple a bucks. If it doesn't come right off, let it soak for a bit.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby deadpoolnesbitt » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:09 am

Thanks, but before I go out and buy this stuff, does anyone know of any free ways to remove it with house hold items?
deadpoolnesbitt
Newbie Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info