Models to articulation

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Models to articulation

Postby stitches » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Hey guys , found alot of old alien models my dad made and looking to give them an update for him , hes got the alen queen and was thinging about adding articulation so it can interact with his other models , any ideas on how i would do this? also the mcfarlane hicks figure , would like to do something with him should i just pick a ml large body and cut and paste parts? any ideas would be great

thanks
stitches
Casual Realmer

Re: Models to articulation

Postby Pock63 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:53 am

Some simple Joints can be made from scratch such as simple mushroom joints and socket joints but for all more complex joints I suggest finding figure body parts that are about the right size, and cutting out the section of the figure you want to put a joint into, then cutting the joint to fit and glueing it in. Then I'd sculpt over parts of the surface to make it blend smoothly where you placed it. I also here that Revoltech joints work pretty well although I've never used them myself. Here is a link to a tutorial that might help you for some of the basic joints, for anything else just ask and I'll post pictures if I have them to demonstrate :)
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomtutorial.php?id=27
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info