How do I turn a model into an action figure?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

How do I turn a model into an action figure?

Postby KirkyMonster » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:49 pm

I have been inspired by e-freeze custom Guyver figure made from a Guyver model kit and a spiderman figure. I have ordered the model kit and am waiting for it to arrive, in the meantime I would like any advice on how I should go about turning the model into a poseable figure. I have no experiance with model kits though I have been customizing for a little while now. I am under the impression the model kits are hollow. What should I use to fill the space between the vinyl model and the limbs of the figure I will donate to add articulation? Any help on this would be...... well helpful. Thanks for any advice you can offer, hopefully e-freeze might see this and let me in on his secrets that produced his awesome Guyver figure.
KirkyMonster
Inductee Realmer

Re: How do I turn a model into an action figure?

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:24 am

I've used hotglue for similar projects but I would suggest using Aves to seal it in. If you wrap the joints in teflon tape though-like used in plumbing, you can sculpt or glue around it and nothing will stick. It has to be removed before painting but it would help to get the shape of the space for the joint right. PM me if you have any questions. :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 am

RedRebelCustoms wrote:I've used hotglue for similar projects but I would suggest using Aves to seal it in. If you wrap the joints in teflon tape though-like used in plumbing, you can sculpt or glue around it and nothing will stick. It has to be removed before painting but it would help to get the shape of the space for the joint right. PM me if you have any questions. :D

I've also used hot glue for this, :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby CAb00se » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:20 am

... i dont know... i imagine it would be hard to get her to stay still...
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

CAb00se wrote:... i dont know... i imagine it would be hard to get her to stay still...

LOL @ Cab00se! You can also plug the ends and pour in resin or plastic epoxy.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby CAb00se » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:24 am

:D
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info