1:18 Diecast vehicles & plastic figures: not the same size?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

1:18 Diecast vehicles & plastic figures: not the same size?

Postby CB2001 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Now, I know a lot of scales in vehicles and figures exist. But not too long ago, I remember reading at a forum (I can't remember if it was a G.I. Joe forum or another customizing forum), that some people had issues with using 1:18 diecast cars and trucks with G.I. Joe-size figures, which are of the same scale of 1:18, explaining that despite that the scale is suppose to be the same size, the vehicles a bit smaller than the action figures. But while here, I've seen at least one person using a 1:18 scale diecast vehicle with a G.I. Joe scale custom figure.

So, my question is this: are the vehicles slightly smaller than the 1:18 scale action figure size or are they able to be able to include 1:18 figures inside of them if you wanted to use them? I'm asking about cars and trucks only, as I know that when it comes to motorcycles and ATV diecasts of 1:18 scale, they do seem to fit the same size. Let me know what you guys think and any opinions and experience you have with this topic.
CB2001
Regular Realmer

Re: 1:18 Diecast vehicles & plastic figures: not the same si

Postby freedannadd_customs » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:18 pm

I just found something saying that 1:16 scale vehicles are the closest to the right scale... Im gonna test it soon, hope it helps :)
freedannadd_customs
Newbie Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info