Help with rubber clothing for a figure

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Help with rubber clothing for a figure

Postby Purity » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:53 am

I'm going to be doing a Link custom, from Legend of Zelda, and I have the base figure and head, but am lost for his clothing. Ideally, I would love to have a sculpting sort of material that become the rubber material used for capes, jackets, etc. Basically milliput/fixit sculpt/apoxie sculpt but instead of hardening to a plastic like material, it hardens to rubber. If theres nothing like that, then is there a rubber that would work well for this? Like could I buy some sheets of flexible rubber? And finally, if neither of the two are to anyone's knowledge, are there any good figures that would work well for this? I'm looking for rubber similar to that of the Lord of the Rings figures.
Thanks!
Purity
Avid Realmer

Re: Help with rubber clothing for a figure

Postby Pock63 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 am

You can buy plastic material for table cloths that can be cut easily and heated and bent into any shape, I've used this on some customs, also both green stuff and zubber cure with a rubber like consistency allthough in my experience zubbers better if you sculpt it on top of something, you can see some pictures of zubber in action on my W.I.P. thread for the shredders kilt.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Purity » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:44 pm

That looks to be exactly what I need! Thanks pock! You're a very helpful realmer!
Purity
Avid Realmer

Postby sayqueen » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:34 am

Purity wrote:That looks to be exactly what I need! Thanks pock! You're a very helpful realmer!

I also realized it.. very
sayqueen
Newbie Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info