Plumbers Putty Question

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Plumbers Putty Question

Postby Bad_Guy_Robot » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone's used Oatey's Plumbers Putty successfully before? I've seen several people before talking about it and using it with their customs, and found some at walmart for cheap so I figured what the heck. Tried a bit on some fodder to test it out last friday; 8 days later and its still soft/malleable. As I was reading on the container and online later, one of the features of plumbers putty is that it never dries. So I was just wondering how people are using this stuff or if there's some other kind that I'm not aware of. Please tell me I'm not just an idiot lol. Thanks everyone :)
Our trade thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=41047
Bad_Guy_Robot
Regular Realmer

Re: Plumbers Putty Question

Postby Pock63 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:51 am

Most Plumbers Putty's (at least all the ones I've seen) cure in 5 to ten minutes. Most stores carry a couple different brands so read the package before you buy anything, and good luck :) here's a link to the master list of sculpts I created, :) viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41389
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Wesr » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:47 pm

The putty i got from Lowe's smells and looks like apoxy sculpt. Has the same texture too and it probably is. it dries pretty fast, that stuff Billy Mayes used to sell on tv was the same stuff.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby CAb00se » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

sephiroth wrote:The putty i got from Lowe's smells and looks like apoxy sculpt. Has the same texture too and it probably is. it dries pretty fast, that stuff Billy Mayes used to sell on tv was the same stuff.

what was the name of the stuff at lowes?
CAb00se
Regular Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:18 am

http://www.lowes.com/pd_23533-138-31270 ... facetInfo=

I'm positive that's it. Not sure what the shelf life is but a little goes a long way: word of warning mix in small batches because they don't joke around when they say it hardens in minutes. It's like a very super fast setting apoxy sculpt. you get 5 minutes if that. I had a bad habit of mixing more than i need but it's cheap at least.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info