Photo Equipment and Picture taking techniques

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Photo Equipment and Picture taking techniques

Postby SSwaleedAlpha2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Hey, everyone.
I need some advice from all you photographers out there. I don't know if I can actually post this on this forum category but it does sort of pertain(did I spell that right) to Action figures. I just made my second custom and posted it on figurerealm and the pic quality is terrible but it's the only camera I had at the time. So could you guys give me some advice on Cheap decent cameras and cloak Backdrops, if that's even what they're called, and photo tents and other things you guys think could help out. Also if you guys know any good techniques. THANKS, I always appreciate everyones help.
SSwaleedAlpha2
Inductee Realmer

Re: Photo Equipment and Picture taking techniques

Postby bobtheodd » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:45 pm

I've seen people take great pics with cellphones. Lighting is key.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Postby SSwaleedAlpha2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:25 pm

bobtheodd wrote:I've seen people take great pics with cellphones. Lighting is key.

Is there like a specific type lights and bulbs that are used, thanks for the comment.
"The Alpha male is here"
"It's not the goals you achieve it's the person you become achieving them"
SSwaleedAlpha2
Inductee Realmer

Postby bobtheodd » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:36 am

SSwaleedAlpha2 wrote:Is there like a specific type lights and bulbs that are used, thanks for the comment.

Not really. I find my camera responds differently to different lights(led, incandescent, etc.) If you have a camera to use I suggest experimentation. You can pick up cheap lights at dollar stores and wal-mart. You could also build a photo tent/booth.
bobtheodd
Elite Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info