X-Men uniform color question

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

X-Men uniform color question

Postby StrongChad » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Does anyone know a good paint/color to do the yellow of the X-Men school uniform? I'm working on two figures, Magik and Pixie, using a Marvel Universe Kitty Pryde base and I'm having a heck of a time matching the yellow on some sculpted parts. I'm thinking a yellow with a slightly orange wash maybe?

It doesn't help that I'm color blind to begin with and I'm basically using a friend to help me try to match it of course. ;)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
StrongChad
Newbie Realmer

Re: X-Men uniform color question

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:05 am

I like to use photoshop or gimp to match those difficult colors. Upload an X-Men photo to one of the programs. Then use the color picker tool on the midtone or whichever part you prefer. You can then get a breakdown of how much of each basic color is used to make whatever shade, tone, or hue you are shooting for then mix the paints accordingly. If you want to get really technical, measure them out with a dropper. Hope that helps. :D
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby mpelichoff » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:20 pm

I used "insigni yellow" by modelmaster paints for this cannonball with watered down "leather" by modelmasters for the details. If you have a yellow that you like, paint the kitty pryde to match rather than trying to find that color.
mpelichoff
Avid Realmer

Postby shapp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:40 pm

god I love this Cannonball, it is fantastic!
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby mpelichoff » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 am

shapp wrote:god I love this Cannonball, it is fantastic!

Thanks!
mpelichoff
Avid Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info