Need help on sculpting hair

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Need help on sculpting hair

Postby TwistedLogic » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 pm

So I have this head

And I want to turn it into this head

I'm not planning on sculpting as much hair, but enough to make it look curly. Shall I use apoxie sculpt? I was planning on attaching it to the hair on the original and then twisting the ends around a pen or something to make it look curly. But will it break easily if it comes away from the head too far? Is there something other than apoxie sculpt that I should use?

Many thanks for any replies

To see the images, if you cant already, just right click and click open image in new tab.
TwistedLogic
Inductee Realmer

Re: Need help on sculpting hair

Postby crea-torX » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 am

eh...er...what images? I think you need to take another look here cause me don't see any. [smilie=confuzzled.gif]
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby TwistedLogic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm

crea-torX wrote:eh...er...what images? I think you need to take another look here cause me don't see any. [smilie=confuzzled.gif]

Well I can see them. But let me get the webpage link.

So I want to turn this

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&sa ... s:20,i:154

into this

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?hl=en&sa ... 2,s:0,i:75
TwistedLogic
Inductee Realmer

Postby crea-torX » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:53 am

NOW I can see them. If you never worked with sculpty before, you will soon find out that that would be a heck of a lot of weight on the figure. DCUC The Creeper figure has a large red furry chunk of plastic on his back and with that much weight weakens the torso joint. When working with sculpty, you start off small and keep adding to it until the area is completed. Even letting a section to dry and the restart the process. It might be easier to find a dolls curly wig...just because of the shear weight. I might be wrong and if I am, I hope someone else will help you more so than I can. Good luck.
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:11 am

crea-torX wrote:NOW I can see them. If you never worked with sculpty before, you will soon find out that that would be a heck of a lot of weight on the figure. DCUC The Creeper figure has a large red furry chunk of plastic on his back and with that much weight weakens the torso joint. When working with sculpty, you start off small and keep adding to it until the area is completed. Even letting a section to dry and the restart the process. It might be easier to find a dolls curly wig...just because of the shear weight. I might be wrong and if I am, I hope someone else will help you more so than I can. Good luck.

I agree, weight would be an issue. However a way around it would be to make the basic shape out of aluminum foil and use that as the core of the hair. It will cut the weight quite a bit.
Green Skin
Regulator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info