testors model masters paint (red)

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

testors model masters paint (red)

Postby barefootabe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:21 pm

so ive been using model master paints and i love how they cover really well .but ive run into a problem , when even i use red it doesnt seem to do well at all

ive tried "stop light red" and "gaurds red" and neither of them cover very well ,even after multiple coats. and the paint looks all blotchy and bad..are there any other red paint's made by testors that does better than what ive been using?

thanks!
check out my trade list!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36407
barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Re: testors model masters paint (red)

Postby Dravenheart » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:37 pm

I've been using Bloode Red myself. It covers nicely, but I think they discontinued it. I'm just scraping the bottom of what I have left. Mentioning it moreso because I'm hoping I just missed a name change or something, like Citadel did a few months ago. I've tried Stop Light Red, Insignia Red, and Guards Red. Don't care for Stop Light, Insignia is just too dark a shade, and Guards I just find horrific.

Now, I've had to jump to Citadel for some of my colors. The only standard green I like comes from Citadel. So, you may wanna try that.

Not really any help in all that, I know, but if you find something, do please post it. Fairly stuck myself.
Dravenheart
Inductee Realmer

Postby barefootabe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:03 pm

thanks for the reply.. Insignia may work for me but before i buy it , im going to borrow my brothers airbrush and see if it will cover it any better( im using it on a red hood head) without going blotchy
check out my trade list!

barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby John11756 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 pm

If its blotchy make sure you are not using enamel paint (black label) use water wash up acrylic (white label). I had this same problem. I am using insignia red on a Deadpool and I love the shade. I'll update my WIP thread so you can see.
John11756
Regular Realmer

Postby barefootabe » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:18 pm

thanks, yea i have the right kind.i make sure theyre all the acry non toxic ones
Last edited by barefootabe on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
check out my trade list!

barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Postby barefootabe » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 pm

the airbrush did the trick..ill remembr that in the future when i have a paint that doesnt do well with brushs
check out my trade list!

barefootabe
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info