Custom Green Lantern Batman ideas?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Custom Green Lantern Batman ideas?

Postby wally2974 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:23 pm

I really want to make my own Green Lantern Batman figure. I was wondering if you guys had any input on a "recipe" for figures/parts to use, with minimal paint/part-swapping. Also, do you have to crack the figure open to switch/add the utility belt, or can the figure be "boil-n-pop"ped to change the belt over? Thanks
wally2974
Newbie Realmer

Re: Custom Green Lantern Batman ideas?

Postby Darththomas » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 am

John Stewart base for the muscles, any batman head and forearms. For the belt you could just cut it off the batman trim it down then glue onto john, done.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby wally2974 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:57 pm

Thanx, Darth. I was originally thinking about using the all-black, Wave 5/ All-star Batman for the forearms, head, belt, cape & Head....andddd, maybe the (knee down)lower legs/feet for the higher, pointy boot-tops. For the body, I was thinking about using the Wave 20/ DC vs. MOTC Green Lantern Hal Jordan.
wally2974
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 am

I think that Hal may be a tad skinny for batman, see he's done on the standard dcuc body while batman tends to be the buff body. That's why I suggested john as he had the same body type as batman.
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby crea-torX » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:55 am

Come on Edarth, how many Batman body types has there been over the past 70 years...some buff and some lean. As long as his abs are tight and a standard muscular should work. I have seen some artist draw Bats just a buff as Superman as we all know Bats is no way that built. With the glossy green used on GLs of late, even a glossy black could be use. I personally wouldn't, it all depends does Wally2974 want to take his version of GL Bats...Classic or a more modern look? The bat emblem over the GL emblem is going to be the key part of the figure. Wally, what ideas do you have for that? Edarth, your idea sounds cool too!

What about a DC UNIVERSE SERIES 4 "GREEN LANTERN BATMAN BEYOND version ? Some awesome ideas could come out of that one! Any one up for a challenge?

Beside all of that Wally, take your idea and run with it. Use magnifying glasses that you can pick up at Dollar General for 5 bucks or less and SEE what you are painting. HUGE difference when it comes to details. Keep us update for sure!

Ps: Wait til ya see my custom Sinestro Corps Batman! :mrgreen:
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby crea-torX » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Here's a Green Lantern Batman that not all know about.
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:19 pm

Fair point, well recieved :D . I'm Just giving what I think would be easiest, All the DCUC batmen are on the more muscular body and although the differences aren't massive the parts are made slightly different thus creating a more complicated switch. Anyhoo, maybe these pics will help you decide

Hal Jordan body

John Stewart body
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby crea-torX » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:53 pm

COOL! I am digging the dry brush shading on the second figure! The only thing is that cape. I guess that fact it was over used on DCUC Bat figs and it's too rigid for my taste. Thats why I am going for something a bit different for Sinestro Corps Bats.
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Postby shapp » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Is thst the standard john stewart figure? Thst is a rad body!
shapp
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:51 am

shapp wrote:Is thst the standard john stewart figure? Thst is a rad body!

I think it came from the GL five pack but I did repaint it, it's actually borrowed from my Tygra Green lantern of Thundera custom :lol:
Darththomas
Regulator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info