Tamiya Paint that lied!

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Tamiya Paint that lied!

Postby crea-torX » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:38 am

I have been using Tamiya Acrylic paint for a couple of years and it's never let me done. I recently bought XF-7 Flat red Acrylic paint that dried just like enamel paint...dried tacky! I thought I do some checking and with this lot number that I bought(these are the tiny bottles only) enamel paint was poured into acrylic labeled jars. They apologized and replaced my paint, but that doesn't help me with what I painted. Can you remove the paint without damaging the figure parts. What I painted is softer plastic. I am so miffed off right nail I can spit nails! I never used enamel paint for this reason, but if I use a sealant spray, will this be my saving factor :?: Please tell me all isn't lost!

Gratefully thankful!

I can take pics and post if that helps?
crea-torX
Regular Realmer

Re: Tamiya Paint that lied!

Postby Green Skin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:01 am

I've had some luck using a sealant spray to deal with tacky paint, but it usually doesn't help.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby loosecollector » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:30 am

Do show us some pics bro.
loosecollector
Elite Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:13 pm

I stripped some enamel paint of a figure a while back, I let it soak in some mineral spirits overnight then attacked it with a toothbrush a scouring pad and plenty of elbow grease, worked a treat and no ill effects to either the hard or soft plastic.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info