How to sculpt wrinkles?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

How to sculpt wrinkles?

Postby Galactape » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 am

I'm just curious if there is an easier way out there to sculpt wrinkles? The way I do it takes me a while.thanks.
Galactape
Realm of Famer

Re: How to sculpt wrinkles?

Postby Pock63 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Here is a tutorial that shows you the basics of sculpting wrinkles, http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomtutorial.php?id=38
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: How to sculpt wrinkles?

Postby Patraw » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:33 am

As I see it, the two main approaches you can take for doing wrinkles are (1) putting a thin skin of whatever modeling compound you're using onto the figure and then drawing or pinching the wrinkle shapes with tools or (2) making a bunch of thin "snake" shapes out of the modeling compound, laying them on the figure wherever you want the wrinkles, and then smoothing/blending them in with tools or your fingers. Or you can combine both techniques.

I've never tried it, but I suppose you could make a wrinkle texture stamp and use that to rapidly imprint a wrinkled texture onto the surface of your modeling compound.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info