Acyrlic paint issues

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Acyrlic paint issues

Postby TheLaughingGod » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:16 am

Hello there. Just a simple question, is acyrlic paint supposed to be super watery when you use it, or is there a way to thicken up the paint?
My Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=42531
TheLaughingGod
Inductee Realmer

Re: Acyrlic paint issues

Postby Pock63 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 pm

Usually when I have that problem it's because the pigment in my paint has separated and sank to the bottom of the container so stirring it well with a popsical stick and also shaking usually fixes it. I've also seen some products that are sold as paint thickeners but I've never tried one myself and can't vouch for it.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby TheLaughingGod » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:02 pm

I figured it was something like that, yet after shaking it for a good 3 minutes, the paint still has a watery consistency. It goes on fine though, really it's just a minor concern.
TheLaughingGod
Inductee Realmer

Postby Patraw » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:03 am

Over the years, I've noticed that some colors just seem to be thinner than others, for whatever reason (I've got a bottle of Forest Green that's almost like water, it's so thin, and it came that way when I bought it). Shaking sometimes helps, as ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė mentioned, but not always. As long as you're getting good coverage with it, you should be okay. Personally, I'd rather my paint was too thin than too thick.

I've also found that, if I use a particular bottle of paint for washes a lot over a long period of time, water can gradually accumulate inside the bottle from dipping the brush, which can also thin the paint out some. If you leave the bottle open for a while (say, a few hours, but not days), that'll give a chance for some of the water to evaporate which should restore some viscosity.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby TheLaughingGod » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks Patraw and ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė :)
TheLaughingGod
Inductee Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info