Modern Cable

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Modern Cable

Postby Agillespie » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:29 am

Hi,
Brand new to the figure customization game, but I'm a fairly proficient sculptor so I want to give this a shot.

I'd like to start by making the modern incarnation of Cable from Cable and X Force. I would like to make this out of Marvel Legends figures. I was wondering if anyone else has done this. What figure(s) did you use? Here's what I'm thinking:

Cable's head (duh)
Cable's right arm
Ultimate Iron Man's torso
Any female right arm
Bishop's Legs (maybe?)

I think I'll just scratch build the prosthetic arm over the frail right arm.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone!
Agillespie
Newbie Realmer

Re: Modern Cable

Postby Agillespie » Mon May 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Okay, so I got the Ultimate Iron man upper torso and attached Cable's muscular right arm. It looks a little bulky, but nothing too comical. I tried to put Jean Grey's arm on the left (modern Cable doesn't have the cybernetic looking arm but instead has a very emaciated looking arm with a prosthetic arm over it. The problem is the female arm looks absolutely ridiculous on the iron man torso...just way too tiny.
So I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a replacement? Again, it's a scrawny bare arm. I'm going to scratch build the prosthetic arm over it.
Agillespie
Newbie Realmer

Re: Modern Cable

Postby Pock63 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:49 am

Why not instead of using a really small arm(that would have a disproportionately small hand) why don't you dremmel down another cable arm and then resculpt it how you would like.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info