Re-Painting

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Re-Painting

Postby HaVoC » Sun May 12, 2013 6:17 pm

Ok. So I pained my Ironman and decided I want to restart. Just because I got a little carried away. Is there any way to take off the paint with out harming the figure???
Last edited by HaVoC on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HaVoC
Inductee Realmer

Re: Re-Painting

Postby Green Skin » Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Honestly I've heard of people taking it apart, and people leaving them together. I'll leave the figure together and prep the joints with a dremel and an x-acto to prevent paint rub. Then I'll usually paint the joints first, that way any rubbing issues will be apparent right away. I'd suggest trying it both ways. A big part of customizing is trial & error and just figuring out what works best for you.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby HaVoC » Sun May 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Green Skin wrote:Honestly I've heard of people taking it apart, and people leaving them together. I'll leave the figure together and prep the joints with a dremel and an x-acto to prevent paint rub. Then I'll usually paint the joints first, that way any rubbing issues will be apparent right away. I'd suggest trying it both ways. A big part of customizing is trial & error and just figuring out what works best for you.

yea this is my first one, its a marvel legends iron man.
HaVoC
Inductee Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Sun May 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Are you just doing a straight Iron Man repaint, or are you turning him into a different character? If he's staying an Iron Man, I honestly wouldn't bother taking it apart. If you are turning him into a War Machine or something like that, then it might be worth the time to disassemble him.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby HaVoC » Tue May 14, 2013 2:10 pm

He will just be strait Iron man.
HaVoC
Inductee Realmer

Postby Green Skin » Tue May 14, 2013 3:31 pm

Yeah, don't bother taking him apart them. Not worth the extra effort.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby RedRebelCustoms » Sun May 19, 2013 4:30 am

I will humbly disagree. Not to step on any toes but if you don't take him apart, you will not only skip the learning process but you will end up with paint rub. You can't get inside a joint without hours of light sanding. Some people do paint without breaking it down but the end result is usually obvious after posing. Just my opinion and preference though.
REDREBELCUSTOMS
RedRebelCustoms
Elite Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Mon May 20, 2013 2:31 pm

I'd agree with Red here, prep is everything and yeah you miss out on so much of the learning if you don't dismantle. Of course on the other hand, there's a higher risk of messing up the whole thing but once you've dismantled a few you'll soon get to learn their anatomy and you'll be cracking them like nuts in no time.
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info