Vallejo paint questions?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Vallejo paint questions?

Postby trekking95 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:28 am

Just thought I would ask a few questions about Vallejo brush on paints.
1: I bought some of their primer, and it looks and feels like gritty toothpaste. I even tried thinning it with water, the grit stayed. It goes on horribly. Is it supposed to be like that or was it expired?

2: Since I always find their paint scratches off easily, I bought some of their acrylic clear coat. Do you recommend using it?
trekking95
Inductee Realmer

Re: Vallejo paint questions?

Postby Pock63 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:21 am

I think that paint must have been past it's expiration date. I've been using Vallejo for a while and haven't had any trouble, as for the clear coat I suggest Flat Krylon clear coat for artists, you haft to order it online but it has been the best clear coat I've found so far!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby trekking95 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:18 pm

ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė wrote:I think that paint must have been past it's expiration date. I've been using Vallejo for a while and haven't had any trouble, as for the clear coat I suggest Flat Krylon clear coat for artists, you haft to order it online but it has been the best clear coat I've found so far!

I'm thinking it was, next time I'm at the store I'll pick up a new bottle.

So this Krylon stuff is spray on?
trekking95
Inductee Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:59 pm

trekking95 wrote:
ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė wrote:I think that paint must have been past it's expiration date. I've been using Vallejo for a while and haven't had any trouble, as for the clear coat I suggest Flat Krylon clear coat for artists, you haft to order it online but it has been the best clear coat I've found so far!

Yeah it is! :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby trekking95 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:49 am

ẈĀŦƧĦĪƧ₣Ā₵Ė wrote:
trekking95 wrote:

Yeah it is! :)

I'll have to look into that, thanks for the idea! Wouldn't the spray mess up the joints or make "water drop" effects on an action figure?

One other question, what Vallejo skin tone would be best for the Pepper Potts figure? I'm thinking light flesh, as the others like pale flesh seem too dark. But there may be others. And does the "game color" or "model color" title make a difference? Do both work on action figures?
trekking95
Inductee Realmer

Postby trekking95 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:51 pm

Well I went to buy more Vallejo primer and they were out of stock!! :(
But I did buy Model masters primer, is it good?
trekking95
Inductee Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info