Sharpening nail clippers?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Sharpening nail clippers?

Postby Patraw » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:54 am

Anybody know if there's a way to sharpen finger/toenail clippers (might seem strange, but I use them quite a bit to cut little bits and pieces off my figures)? I realize that they're cheap and easy to replace, but I hate to throw out a dull tool if there's a way to sharpen it. I've got a knife sharpener, but there's no way to get the jaws of the clippers in there, and it doesn't appear that it can be disassembled, but I may be wrong.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Re: Sharpening nail clippers?

Postby Pock63 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:04 am

You actually can dissemble and resemble nail clippers with no tools at all!!! The only thing holding the two main pieces of the nail clipper together are a pin that goes through the one and has a hook on the end. So simply squeeze the nail clippers as low as they can go, then rotate the pin till you spot the hook and slide the other half out. From there you can sharpen it as wanted(although be warned stainless steel is a b!tch to sharpen but if you get a good edge on it it will last for a long time.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: Sharpening nail clippers?

Postby Patraw » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:51 am

You're right that they can be disassembled in that fashion, thanks!
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info