Best skin tone paint company

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Best skin tone paint company

Postby nangela09 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:05 am

Hi, I was just wondering who makes the best skin tone paint. I currently use model masters but it is chunky it turns out fine after watering down, but I was wondering if maybe citadel or games workshop make a better alternative. Thanks for any help.
nangela09
Inductee Realmer

Re: Best skin tone paint company

Postby Xavion » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Is the Model Masters acrylic or enamel? I've made the mistake of grabbing enamel instead of acrylic a couple of times because the labels are similar. If it as acrylic, and it's not working for you, the Citadels do cover nicely and go on pretty smooth. I also find it easier to match skin tones with Citadel. The one catch is that they will sometimes rub off with too much contact unless you use a clear varnish to seal them. Almost any brand of paint will need to be thinned out with water if you want to avoid brush marks and chunkiness, though.
Xavion
Newbie Realmer

Postby nangela09 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:10 pm

Hi, thanks for the response. It is acrylic. I think I will try citadel since im still new to this and it would be nice to see what is easiest for me. I like that you say citadel matchs better since that is a problem I ve had.
nangela09
Inductee Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Thin your acrylics with Windex instead of water and you will see much better results.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Dagger » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:12 pm

ole jade jaw wrote:Thin your acrylics with Windex instead of water and you will see much better results.

Won't it break down the paint?
Dagger
Avid Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:22 pm

While I'm not a chemist, my understanding is that it does indeed break down paint's adhesion-to-itself factor. The result is a smoother application with no tendency to bead. It "spreads out" further.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Dagger » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:50 pm

I meant will it last over time?
Dagger
Avid Realmer

Postby ole jade jaw » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:39 pm

At least 2 years. Mine look like the day I painted them.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info