Biggest Pains in the butt.

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby HeartBreakKid » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:34 pm

So A lot of us here have been customizing for a long time or even some of the beginners but what are your #1 biggest aspect of customizing that just frustrate you to no end ?

Mine are either joint rub OR Waiting for stuff to dry are my #1 killers
Image
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
User avatar
HeartBreakKid
Regulator
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:48 am
Location: Where the wild things are.

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Pock63 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:04 am

Mine is super glue. No matter what brand I use I never seem to find something that works consistently and dries as fast as it is supposed to. I also hate how the hard plastic super glue containers get clogged and you can't get any out and the soft ones break and spill over everything. I know these seem like really petty complaints but they bug the hell outa me, haha :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Image
User avatar
Pock63
Realm Addict
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Darththomas » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 am

Yeah, I hate waiting for stuff to dry too, I usually have two projects on the go though so I can work on a different one whilst one is drying. I think my biggest one is the sanding though, I mean there's all sorts of dremel attachments but not one of them gives the same smooth results as hand sanding. Yeah...... Sanding :evil:
Image
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
User avatar
Darththomas
Regulator
 
Posts: 3209
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Green Skin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:36 am

Paint rub, especially when it shows up after you think you've eliminated it.

Searching for a lost part. I've spend days searching for parts I've misplaced...endlessly annoying.

Sanding in small recessed areas.

Finding an imperfection in the sculpt while you're painting, and having to go back and sand it.
User avatar
Green Skin
Regulator
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Darththomas wrote:I think my biggest one is the sanding though, I mean there's all sorts of dremel attachments but not one of them gives the same smooth results as hand sanding. Yeah...... Sanding :evil:

I hate when It looks like you sanded something well enough UNTIL you paint it

Green Skin wrote:Searching for a lost part. I've spend days searching for parts I've misplaced...endlessly annoying..

Everyone in my house suffers when this happens to me :lol:

Pock63 wrote:Mine is super glue. No matter what brand I use I never seem to find something that works consistently and dries as fast as it is supposed to. I also hate how the hard plastic super glue containers get clogged and you can't get any out and the soft ones break and spill over everything. I know these seem like really petty complaints but they bug the hell outa me, haha :)

I wouldnt say its petty cuz I hate that too here we call it the rule of superglue use it make a mess just how it is :lol:
Image
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
User avatar
HeartBreakKid
Regulator
 
Posts: 2906
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 1:48 am
Location: Where the wild things are.

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Patraw » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:46 am

My biggest pet peeves are:

1) Losing tiny pieces on the carpet, that I've spent a considerable amount of time working on, never to see them again. Sometimes I get so mad, I scrap an entire project when I lose a piece, particularly if it's one that would take hours to replace.

2) Making duplicate pieces. Having to do the same thing, over-and-over again, drives me up the wall. I love spider monsters, but, man, oh, man, do I ever hate having to make eight identical, or nearly identical, legs. Sometimes I'll make a mold and do castings, but, doing that takes just as much time, or more so, than sculpting the pieces individualiy, so it's usually not worth it.

3) Injuries. Almost everything I make involves getting stabbed, cut, burned, super-glued to myself or other objects, etc. I am not a careful person.

4) And, last, but, not least, is when things just go wrong in general. Something doesn't fit, I forgot to do something, a tool breaks, etc. If you're having a run of bad luck, sometimes it's just best to shelve a project, or put it away till another day, to save your sanity and blood pressure, if nothing else.
User avatar
Patraw
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1298
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Darththomas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:49 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Darththomas wrote:I think my biggest one is the sanding though, I mean there's all sorts of dremel attachments but not one of them gives the same smooth results as hand sanding. Yeah...... Sanding :evil:

I hate when It looks like you sanded something well enough UNTIL you paint it


A good trick is to give the part a black undercoat, black's a good colour (or shade if we're being particular) for showing imperfections in a sculpt.
Image
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
User avatar
Darththomas
Regulator
 
Posts: 3209
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: Manchester, England

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Pock63 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Darththomas wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:
Darththomas wrote:I think my biggest one is the sanding though, I mean there's all sorts of dremel attachments but not one of them gives the same smooth results as hand sanding. Yeah...... Sanding :evil:

I hate when It looks like you sanded something well enough UNTIL you paint it


A good trick is to give the part a black undercoat, black's a good colour (or shade if we're being particular) for showing imperfections in a sculpt.


I agree, I generally just marker over the sculpted area with a permanent marker if I'm looking for imperfections. :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Image
User avatar
Pock63
Realm Addict
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby therapist » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm

I HATE the super hot shrapnel that flies in to your eyes and hits your body while your dremeling.

hate painting things white

Hate hate hate hate paint rub

Hate having to sand sculpt AFTER you paint the crap

Hate when Im trying to mix a shade a want and all of a sudden the paint starts turning a different color complety

HATE accidentally drinking water I was using to clean paint brushes

HATE when a song I dont wanna hear comes on my shuffle while my hands are coated in gloves, piant,glue, sculpt, etc.

HATE using super glue. I swear that stuff was made by evil DBag wizards to make sure it gets on my hands EVERY time I use it

I used to hate sculpting boobs and butts till my wife started live modeling for me
"Untouchable Customs"
Image
User avatar
therapist
Realm of Famer
 
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Behind closed doors

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Patraw » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:18 am

therapist wrote:
HATE accidentally drinking water I was using to clean paint brushes


Glad to see I'm not the only one who's done that! I remember, when I took chemistry classes in college, we always had to watch a safety video at the beginning of the first laboratory session, and one of the things they always said was never to bring anything to drink into the lab for that very same reason (of course drinking a strong acid or base would be a heck of a lot worse that sipping paint wash water).
User avatar
Patraw
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1298
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:04 am
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Pock63 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:54 am

Patraw wrote:
therapist wrote:
HATE accidentally drinking water I was using to clean paint brushes


Glad to see I'm not the only one who's done that! I remember, when I took chemistry classes in college, we always had to watch a safety video at the beginning of the first laboratory session, and one of the things they always said was never to bring anything to drink into the lab for that very same reason (of course drinking a strong acid or base would be a heck of a lot worse that sipping paint wash water).


It can still be very dangerous though because a lot of model paints contain lead,
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Image
User avatar
Pock63
Realm Addict
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:58 am

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby loosecollector » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:30 am

Sitting on a plastic chair for long periods.... Big pain in the butt!

But my most MAJOR is accidentally touching a finished sculpted area... I hate that :(.
Like, I've done sculpting boobs and while I proceed sculpting the butt I accidentally hold on to the boobs.
Then I resculpt the boobs, I touch the butt. It can go on forever :(.....
User avatar
loosecollector
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby ole jade jaw » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Like, I've done sculpting boobs and while I proceed sculpting the butt I accidentally hold on to the boobs.
Then I resculpt the boobs, I touch the butt. It can go on forever :(.....

Ya think plastic surgeons have this same conversation sitting around at medical conventions?
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby Dagger » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:07 pm

When I go to make a figure and then don't touch it for awhile. Then I see that Hasbro is releasing said character. :facepalm:
User avatar
Dagger
Avid Realmer
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:32 pm

Re: Biggest Pains in the butt.

Postby loosecollector » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:16 am

ole jade jaw wrote:
Like, I've done sculpting boobs and while I proceed sculpting the butt I accidentally hold on to the boobs.
Then I resculpt the boobs, I touch the butt. It can go on forever :(.....

Ya think plastic surgeons have this same conversation sitting around at medical conventions?

Possible bro.... but unlike us customizers, they probably do it on purpose :D!
User avatar
loosecollector
Elite Realmer
 
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:36 pm


Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest