Sota Street Fighter China Bootlegs worth it?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Re: Sota Street Fighter China Bootlegs worth it?

Postby Darth_Castro » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 am

Darththomas wrote:
Darth_Castro wrote:Also i think there is a bootleg remmy and guile. either that or theyre really cheap (price wise)

Nah, Guile's just super common and Remmy is absolute rubbish so no one wants him :D

Lol oh wow. i was thinking on using remmy for a custom as well but i dont want him falling apart lol. well im now waiting on my Honda and Zangief to get here. im ready to crack them open and start working on them.
Darth_Castro
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 am

Remy won't fall apart, his construction is just as sturdy as all the other pre revolutions street fighters. He's just a rubbish character and the sculpt on him is a bit odd looking, really tall upper torso and the ab articulation looks strange :-s .
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Darth_Castro » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 am

Darththomas wrote:Remy won't fall apart, his construction is just as sturdy as all the other pre revolutions street fighters. He's just a rubbish character and the sculpt on him is a bit odd looking, really tall upper torso and the ab articulation looks strange :-s .

Gotcha. cool, then hes perfect for what im going to use him in the future.
still waiting on these sota figures man. wish china wasnt on the other side of the world lol
Darth_Castro
Inductee Realmer

Postby lam47 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm looking at stiffening up Balrog's legs a bit. They are floppy as hell. I can't seem to find any way to get glue in the hole though. Is the only way to remove the disc ball joint by cracking his crotch open? I would rather not have to do that if possible.
lam47
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darth_Castro » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 am

I would just use some clear fingernail polish nearthe joint. I it'll stiffen it up without having to crack it open
Darth_Castro
Inductee Realmer

Postby lam47 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:50 am

That's the thing. I can't see the joint because his thighs are so big. Hmm.
lam47
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darth_Castro » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:22 pm

where exactly is it loose?
Darth_Castro
Inductee Realmer

Postby lam47 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:35 pm

The peg coming of the disk in the ball for the hip. So the hole's are too big in the crotch part of the figure (man this sounds weird) The hip joint I suppose it would be. Even if you spread his legs (oh dear) as far as you can it's impossible to get anything into the hole (just...)
I think it's pretty common for him to have floppy legs. Unfortunately on mine (which was unopened!) they are so loose he falls down and I have to lean him on something.
lam47
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Yeah it's super common for Balrog to have floppy legs. The best most permanent way of fixing it does require the crotch being cracked and a packer (plastic packaging works well) being put between the two legs pegs inside the crotch. Other than that the super glue trick should work, you'd just have to make sure you were moving each part of the joint whilst the glue is drying. Other than that, the clear elastic bands that come with some figures can tighten up a loose joint they're just a pain to get on, or you could try wrapping some thin string around the joint too. If not of that works.......... lean him against something else :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby lam47 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Good advice there! I might try the rubber bands. My worry with glue is that I will get it on a visible part of the figure and not in the hole at all. He's leaning against the glass at the moment. Looks like he's window shopping for speed boats and tigers.
lam47
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darth_Castro » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 pm

use clear fingernail polish instead of glue. itll peal off if you need it to. it worked for my neca ryu ninja gaiden figure
Darth_Castro
Inductee Realmer

Postby Darth_Castro » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:37 am

Anyone Got extra Zangief OPEN hands?
Darth_Castro
Inductee Realmer

Previous

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info