A couple questions relating to heads

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

A couple questions relating to heads

Postby DMucc » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:35 pm

Hi guys. I signed up a while back but I don't think I've actually ever posted here before. I've been customizing for a few years but never anything too major. I recently made my first attempt at sculpting and it didn't come out horrible. Anyway, I'm considering starting a project of making DC characters using Marvel Legends and possibly Marvel characters using DCUC. Anyway, I had some questions about heads.

1. I know older Marvel Legends have smaller peg holes than the newer ones. Does anyone know when Marvel Legends started using the larger neck pegs?

2. If I hollow out a head, what is the best way to keep in on the body and retain articulation? I have only hollowed out a few heads and wasn't able to get them to keep any articulation.

Thanks in advance.
DMucc
Newbie Realmer

Re: A couple questions relating to heads

Postby Jin Saotome » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:16 am

It all depends on the scale of the body but since the 2-packs from toys r us saw removable heads on common ball posts. To make other heads fit you'll need to hollow out the new head using a dremel engraving burr. To make a hole smaller use hotglue, both techniques are in my guides section of my site.
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Jin Saotome's Dangerous Toys
Jin Saotome
Regular Realmer

Re: A couple questions relating to heads

Postby DMucc » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:35 am

Jin Saotome wrote:It all depends on the scale of the body but since the 2-packs from toys r us saw removable heads on common ball posts. To make other heads fit you'll need to hollow out the new head using a dremel engraving burr. To make a hole smaller use hotglue, both techniques are in my guides section of my site.

Thanks for the tip. I actually happened to find your site last week via google and it definitely helped a lot. You are a genius.
DMucc
Newbie Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info