Super Glue

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Super Glue

Postby Aesthetikz » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:37 am

So, What's the "Best" Super Glue out there for Action Figures?
Does it vary by customizer, Or maybe there is a universally accepted Brand that tops all the others?

I'm trying to glue a Torn Leg Peg on a Hasbro WWII Cap, And so far these brands are failing me: Devcon, Krazy, Loctite.

Granted the Leg Plastic is a bit rubbery, But, In general I feel like the Super Glues I've tried just arent working as good as they should be out of the package for some reason.

- JDB
Aesthetikz
Elite Realmer

Re: Super Glue

Postby Truwe316 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:50 am

I think it varies from customizer to customizer.

For me, I use the 4 pack/ 99 cent stuff that is found in the automotive section of Wal-Mart. Stuff dries clear and is ridiculously solid.
Truwe316
Casual Realmer

Postby Patraw » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:08 am

I just use whatever is cheapest (can't even remember the brand). For bonding, make sure the two pieces you want to join are clean/dry and it might help to rough up the surfaces that are going together slightly, so that the glue has a texture to "grip".
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Jin Saotome » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 pm

Get the Loctite 2-Plasticpart Bonder system. The primer will make ANY superglue stick like the best stuff out there. It even glues that unpaintable plastic!
"If my father were alive, I could make him proud!"

Jin Saotome's Dangerous Toys
Jin Saotome
Regular Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info