Cats

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Cats

Postby Knightfall » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:46 pm

I'm interested in finding any cat figures that would fit in size wise with the ML/DCUC lines. DCUC Dex-Starr is somewhat okay in size but the fact he can't even stand like a normal cat kinda kills it. I'd especially love to find cats with some kind of articulation but kinda going for anything at the moment to see what my options might be.
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Re: Cats

Postby Green Skin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:50 pm

There was a cat included with the Spirit figure a few years back, though it isnt articulated.
Green Skin
Regulator

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:49 am

That cat actually looks pretty cool. Figure comes with some other good fodder pieces. So, might try and find one for cheap. Here's hoping there's still a few more options to check out.
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:55 am

Not articulated but this golden compass figure has a cat which I think fits better in the 6" scale than the 3.75" scale.

http://www.figurerealm.com/actionfigure ... rabelacqua
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby Patraw » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:53 am

Family Dollar and other dollar stores sometimes sell packages of unarticulated cat figurines in various poses for a buck that are roughly the right scale. Sometimes they have holes in their guts, 'cuz they're pencil toppers, but that'd be relatively easy to fill in with your favorite modeling compound. They generally look something like these:

The best thing is, as they're only a buck, you'd have kitty fodder for several figures, or extras in case you screw up or want to frankenstein more than one together to make a unique cat.

They're pricier, but Schleich makes a variety of highly-detailed unarticulated animal figurines, including cats, but those usually run at least $3, and upwards, a piece.

http://www.schleich-s.com/en/US/toys/farm_life_cats/

I don't know if every Wal-Mart carries Schleich figurines, but my local one does, as does the Shopko chain of stores in my geographic area (Upper Michigan).
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Thanks, guys. Some good cat options here. Even though Schleich's are a little more pricey if the size matches up right I think those might be the best option so far. Especially with multiple types of cats in different positions. I'll see if the Wal-Mart near by happens to have them. Maybe Michael's might have 'em too, know I've seen some animal figures there before.
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Postby Patraw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:16 am

When I got home last night I decided to shoot some photos for you.

This is a tube of Polyfect "Natural World" cats. They were $1 from Family Dollar. The Nightcrawler is the ML Series 9 Galactus BAF one (I don't have any DCUC characters at the moment, otherwise I would have included one of those in the photos too).

These cats have the pencil topper holes in their bellies, but, like I said, that'd be easy to fill in with modeling compounds. The sculpts aren't amazing or anything, but, for the price, they're not bad.

I only have one Schleich animal at the moment, this Golden Retriever puppy, but at least you can get an idea of the scale:

I haven't been to our Michael's in a while either, but, like yourself, I also seem to recall them having animals which might indeed be Schleich's.
Patraw
Elite Realmer

Postby Knightfall » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:25 am

Thanks, man. Really appreciate the pics. Rethinking those Dollar Tree cats. Since I'll be near one tomorrow I'll stop by and see if they have them in my area. If nothing else it'll be great practice painting them before working on the Schleich ones (if I still decide to go with those).
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:50 am

Knightfall wrote:Thanks, man. Really appreciate the pics. Rethinking those Dollar Tree cats. Since I'll be near one tomorrow I'll stop by and see if they have them in my area. If nothing else it'll be great practice painting them before working on the Schleich ones (if I still decide to go with those).

You can also ad articulation to these figures using parts from mega blocks mini figures or other toys.
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Knightfall » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Pock63 wrote:
Knightfall wrote:Thanks, man. Really appreciate the pics. Rethinking those Dollar Tree cats. Since I'll be near one tomorrow I'll stop by and see if they have them in my area. If nothing else it'll be great practice painting them before working on the Schleich ones (if I still decide to go with those).

You can also ad articulation to these figures using parts from mega blocks mini figures or other toys.

Is there some sort of tutorial about how to do this sorta thing? Or add articulation of any kind to figures? That's something I'd be definitely interested in checking out.
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info