Diorama Paints

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Diorama Paints

Postby Knightfall » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:40 pm

I was wondering, I'm working on a diorama piece out of some pink insulation foam sheets (Foamular) and was wondering what kind of paints I should use for it. Should it be acrylics like on figures or something else all together? Should I also use some kind of sealer on it once it's painted? Any tips or suggestions here would help.
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Re: Diorama Paints

Postby Pock63 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Knightfall wrote:I was wondering, I'm working on a diorama piece out of some pink insulation foam sheets (Foamular) and was wondering what kind of paints I should use for it. Should it be acrylics like on figures or something else all together? Should I also use some kind of sealer on it once it's painted? Any tips or suggestions here would help.

Spray Sealer will melt the foam so be careful there,
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Knightfall » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:02 am

Oh, good to know. Hmm. Guess there's no safe sealer for this? Or is it simply not worth it to begin with?
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:45 pm

Knightfall wrote:Oh, good to know. Hmm. Guess there's no safe sealer for this? Or is it simply not worth it to begin with?

you could use brush on sealants but personally I'd say it's just not worth it. You can also put brush on sealants in an airbrush and spray them on if you really wanted to.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Knightfall » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 pm

Sounds good, thanks for the info. Any paint would work on this or just acrylics, though?
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Knightfall wrote:Sounds good, thanks for the info. Any paint would work on this or just acrylics, though?

I use mostly acrylics because I was never pleased with the results I got from enamels so I'm not sure how other paints would work for you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby Knightfall » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Alright, I'll stick to acrylics and see how well they'd work here. I'm assuming most any glue would work for this or would certain kinds cause damage to the foam? Interested in also gluing some plastic fodder pieces to the foam as well so I might need a more specific type of glue?
Knightfall
Casual Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info