Can I duplicate my action figure?

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Can I duplicate my action figure?

Postby trustfulguy9100 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:10 am

Is there a way to duplicate my action figure for reasonable cost?

For example, I have a Hulk action figure. Is there a reasonable way (or tutorial somewhere that shows how) to replicate each individual part of him if I disassembled him?

I can remove head, hands, arms, legs, open the chest, etc... Can I easily duplicate a line of these parts make my custom Hulk army?

That way I could make my own Red Hulk, Gray Hulk (and maybe get creative and make a Hulk of ever color of the rainbow.. mwahahah).

You get the idea.

Or is it cheaper to buy a Hulk the color you want and/or paint him?
trustfulguy9100
Inductee Realmer

Re: Can I duplicate my action figure?

Postby Pock63 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Yes, it is possible to cast and duplicate each and every part in the figure. Is it cost or time effective? No, it would take and absurd amount of time to do in addition to using up I'm guessing around $90 of casting silicone plus the resin or plastic that your poor into these molds. On top of that getting all the pieces back together would be a b1tch of a job!
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: Can I duplicate my action figure?

Postby Bronxstalker » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:34 am

In other words....cheaper to just get multiples of the same figure.

That's what I did. I picked up a bunch of the same figures. I usually just keep an eye out for sales and picked them up when they price drop.
For example, amazon shows Fantomex on sale for $13.10, with a normal price of $19.99. A few months back, he was on sale for like 8 bucks, so I picked up a few.
Bronxstalker
Newbie Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info