MU scale buildings

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

MU scale buildings

Postby aefranci » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:19 am

Hi guys,

So I'm trying to build a huge diorama for my MU figures. I know that there are a few playsets available that would work for this scale, but each playset would run about $100+ a piece. Do you guys have any tips on how to make your own buildings? I was thinking of making something like stark industries, or the daily bugle.

I'd appreciate it if you can give me some information from the first step. I'm new to collecting and customizing. Thank you so much!
aefranci
Newbie Realmer

Re: MU scale buildings

Postby prodigeek » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:10 pm

For really simple buildings, I've just taken large poster board, folded it into a box and paste in a roof. You can print out windows and other textures from the internet (or paint it yourself). I found decals online (some links here http://forum.rebelscum.com/t915441/). I cut a giant 4 out of foam to make the Baxter Building. Other logos you could print and stick it on styrene or clear plastic.
prodigeek
Newbie Realmer

Re: MU scale buildings

Postby Rok » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:16 pm

I've been using styrofoam with a due cutter and have had good results...after shaping it, you can cover it with some primer or plaster before painting so that it becomes smoother and harder on the surface. For glueing pieces, don't use any superglue - it corrodes styrofoam, try white or liquid nail...there are many shapes already available, but after some practice you may be able to cut in any shape...it's a very light and somewhat sturdy material, just be careful with any fires.
Rok
Newbie Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info