Cleaning Woes

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Cleaning Woes

Postby Mr.X » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Admittedly, when I first started out, I never washed and cleaned my figures. They always turned out fine (at least for my standards at the time), so I never bothered. However, with my return to customizing, I have made it part of the routine to ensure everything looks and stays looking the best it can be.
My question is, what can you do to clean base figures if you can't wash it completely?

For example, the next project I want to do is a motorcycle with electronic wiring in it. Aside from that, I know there are electronic figures out there that you don't want to soak all the way through. Any suggestions on how to clean very detailed and intricate figures/models without ruining the electronics?
Pew Pew Pew.
Mr.X
Fanatic Realmer

Re: Cleaning Woes

Postby Pock63 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 am

you could use a toothbrush like I do and instead of soaking the figure just get it a little damp with a sponge where you want to clean and then scrub it with the toothbrush :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Re: Cleaning Woes

Postby J wheezy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:55 pm

I imagine using a bit of rubbing alcohol on a rag or cotton pad could do the trick. It eats away at the oils and drys pretty quick.
J wheezy
Inductee Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info