Custom Tunics and Clothing

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

Custom Tunics and Clothing

Postby deathfaces » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi, this is my first post on the board. I've been working on using latex paint to make believable fabrics. I started with doing headliners for some model cars, but I've also started working on some action figure customs and tried this method. I made these tunics by shrink wrapping a Last Action Hero Arnold i found lying around. I then dipped some strong paper towels (like the blue kind you can get at home depot) in matte latex paint and draped it around the figure. Once it was dry, it was still pliable so i removed it from the figure and then coated it with plasti-dip spray. I'm going to play around with this some more, and I figured maybe anyone else could play with it and share info if anyone is working on capes, clothing, etc. I can make a tutorial if anyone is interested.

deathfaces
Newbie Realmer

Re: Custom Tunics and Clothing

Postby Pock63 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:17 pm

This is very cool and creative and I foresee it being used by lots of customizers in future :)
You'll be lucky if you're one of the few to find someone who can tolerate you.
Pock63
Realm Addict

Postby deathfaces » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:57 am

Pock63 wrote:This is very cool and creative and I foresee it being used by lots of customizers in future :)

Thanks so much! They came out very nice. I haven't tried painting them yet. I want to make a removable car cover for a model i'm doing next.
deathfaces
Newbie Realmer

Postby BumAssAfro » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Would love to see a tutorial if you don't mind.
BumAssAfro
Inductee Realmer

Postby Danyx Eleven » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:58 am

BumAssAfro wrote:Would love to see a tutorial if you don't mind.

I second that. This would be something I think a lot of people (both beginners and veterans) would be able to benefit from, especially for capes/cloaks. Probably could work with some fabrics, too, so maybe experiment and make a tutorial.
Danyx Eleven
Inductee Realmer

Postby deathfaces » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:59 pm

I'll put a tutorial together and put it up as soon as I can. Thanks for the interest!
deathfaces
Newbie Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:39 am

Yup, looks great and you're explanation is easy enough to understand and follow, it'd be good to see a tutorial though. I reckon there's tons of scope with this idea :D
FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info