I am losing my mind trying to eliminate paint rub...

Need help getting your custom completed? Looking for your next idea? Do you need some new tips or suggestions to complete your project? Come chat with us!

Moderator: Regulators

I am losing my mind trying to eliminate paint rub...

Postby MrSuitMan » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm losing my mind trying to get this to work. How the HELL do these guys minimize paint rub on the joints so well? I dremeled and sanded down the joints, but paint is still constantly flaking off. I'm especially having a lot of trouble with the deltoid joints. Not necessarily the joint disc, but the shoulder itself. It's like rubbing with the socket in the body. How can I deal with this?

How did this guy get such a smooth paint job? Especially on the shoulder area, with that amount of detail, and not just have that crud constantly flaking off?
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfi ... ?FID=64676
MrSuitMan
Newbie Realmer

Re: I am losing my mind trying to eliminate paint rub...

Postby Truwe316 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:30 am

I sand the joint to the point where I can start to see a slight gap, wash the figure to get the mold release off and all the particles from the figure and sand paper, prime the figure(this is huge as it helps the paint to bond to your figure), and paint in thin coats. Then I finish this all off by sealing the figure.
Truwe316
Casual Realmer

Postby Darththomas » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:05 am

FaceBook Emlyn Darthomas Thomas
WIP viewtopic.php?f=25&t=25093
Darththomas
Regulator

Postby ole jade jaw » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:44 pm

With a BRAND NEW x-actro blade, you can shave around the shoulder socket. That hasbro vinyl is so soft, the pegs themselves often flex with movement.
ole jade jaw
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Custom Help / Questions / Info