Nerf Modifications (Post more as re-found/made)

Show off your other non-figure custom creations here, such as model kits, garage-kits, dioramas, or maybe the next Clone Army invasion!

Moderator: Regulators

Nerf Modifications (Post more as re-found/made)

Postby Merge Sentinel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 am

Hey, all, Merge Sentinel here.Some of you might know me as "That Fodderbots Guy" or "The Dude Who Made That Waldo Thing", but around my college campus I'm better known as "The Dude With The Nerf Guns". Y'know, or, alternately, "That Anthro Nerd With The Jacket", but that's not the point I'm trying to get to.
The point is, here are some guns. They're posted from Oldest to Newest, with some left out. Enjoy!

I'm only going to post names and pics, not stats. If you want to see all of the guns and their stats in a less easily accessible format, visit my DeviantArt profile: LoneGunman31.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Diesel Duo-Derringer, AKA "The Old One-Two"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Imfamous #9 Lugerlette *This one's a Cap Gun. M'first. I'm likin' it, m'self.

The Rifle of Wayland Targha

The Converting Cartridge Cannon

COMISSION: Sisterfire (Done for my sister)

The Scynavoid Plasma Autocannon

The Tourbillion

The Piece of Eight

The Gun Of Aureliano Batalla

The Archon

The Unforgiving Claw of Selkis

The Steam Draug

The Steam Revenant

The Predator

The Sentinel

The Dissenter

The Martyr

Last edited by Merge Sentinel on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Merge Sentinel
Casual Realmer

Re: Unnamed Nerf Magstrike Underslung/Power Mod

Postby Wesr » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:04 am

That looks like you could modify it into a halo covenant weapon easily.. I wish they'd made nerf ones of that as the laser tag ones are going for 300.00 for the pair. I can buy half a spartan suit for that. Very cool though, the color scheme works well.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: Unnamed Nerf Magstrike Underslung/Power Mod

Postby Merge Sentinel » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:16 pm

sephiroth wrote:That looks like you could modify it into a halo covenant weapon easily.. I wish they'd made nerf ones of that as the laser tag ones are going for 300.00 for the pair. I can buy half a spartan suit for that. Very cool though, the color scheme works well.

Thanks, Sephiroth! I've added some stuff to the page to check out, and of course would again love your questions and comments. ^_^

Also, for those who hadn't figured it out yet, I've expanded the page to include all of my custom guns. Surprise!
Merge Sentinel
Casual Realmer

Re: Nerf Modifications (Post more as re-found/made)

Postby Automatauntaun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:31 pm

I have to old need guns I wanted to fix and mod. I keep meaning to get into it.
Those look awesome!
Automatauntaun
Elite Realmer

Postby Merge Sentinel » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Hey, people who've been keeping up with this thread. I didn't think people were still keeping up with this, which is why I stopped updating, but, seeing that people ARE, indeed, keeping up with it, I've done a massive update covering effectively two years of Nerf Gun Modification. Thanks for your apparent viewership. ^_^
Merge Sentinel
Casual Realmer

Postby Automatauntaun » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:33 am

yeah, put up more. those rock.
do you have a web site or a place were you give a how to? and do commissions? the piece of eight is rad.
Automatauntaun
Elite Realmer

Postby Merge Sentinel » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:11 pm

countpichula wrote:yeah, put up more. those rock.
do you have a web site or a place were you give a how to? and do commissions? the piece of eight is rad.

I'll link you to places I update more often than this one. That way you can keep up with those.

Youtube account: Sadavi5
DeviantART Account: LoneGunman31

I have a few video tutorials on Youtube, so that's where to check for that. Incidentally, I've just started taking commissions, but only on a very small scale- generally I avoid shipping, and I want to keep the operation very small until I'm sure I can keep up with the demand and offer product people will be happy with. That said, until I'm set up, there's one other guy I know who makes a gun pretty much identical to the Piece of Eight, and HE does it en masse, so I'm giving you his DeviantART account too. He links to his Ebay page there.

DeviantART Dude: bcjfla76

Thanks, and good luck getting that commish done! Incidentally, the base gun in the Rotator X-8, and it's a very simple mod and a fairly easy paint job if you have the time to do it yourself... we'd love to get another one of us modders on the scene.
Merge Sentinel
Casual Realmer

Postby Automatauntaun » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:49 pm

Oh dude. Thanks! I will be checking this out! I would LOVE. To mod need weapons...but with modeling, ml's and cooking ( my hobbies) I can't yet start but maybe for my b day I will buy a pistol? I know that
Pistol used. But it's hard cause I want to take up beer brewing as well. But I will start by looking at these tutorials!
Automatauntaun
Elite Realmer

Postby Merge Sentinel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:49 pm

Added a couple of new weapons. However, they aren't so great... they're both preparation for a big, awesome comission that I'm just now about to finish. Eyes open for that.

EDIT: The newest one is up, and holy hell it's a doozie! ^_^
Merge Sentinel
Casual Realmer

Postby Incom » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:19 am

These all look terrific! Much cooler than the standard Nerfs. Keep it up, they're really something!
Incom
Regular Realmer

Postby Merge Sentinel » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:33 pm

Added a new gun... it's not actually Nerf, but it's in the same category- it's a Cap Gun. Fantastic sculpt on this one, I hardly had to add anything to effectively replicate the look of a small Luger.

EDIT: And then added another gun that IS nerf and is COMPLETELY different from the Cap Gun.
Merge Sentinel
Casual Realmer

Return to Other Custom Creations