I'm trimming and sanding. Then comes the less than fun part of filling and rebuilding the bubble filled areas. Then i get to glue it together, fill it with bondo, sand it again, mask off the counter window (I'm painting the gun black like the one in Alien 3) and then put it together and do touch up. The next one i'll paint the right colors but i'm not that good at masking and i've been having a heck of a time painting lately.
Small updates. I started cleaning up the grenade. The bottom of it needed sanded smooth but if I kept sanding i'd have lost the edge at the base of the shell. To fix this, and i think it looks good personally, I used a sheet of thin styrene and shaped it with sand paper. I should have taken more pics but here they are, you can see the difference in after sanding, i have a bit more to get it totally flush. I plan on doing the info on the bottom and installing a primer later on.
Now for the magazine. I kept some of the blemishes because i want this thing to look kind of beat up. Plus the one seam line won't go away no matter how much sanding i do and i don't want to lose too much. I accented damaged areas with Gameworkshops Mithril Silver, i used it for the rounds too, and I may or may not do something about all the holes in the bottom of the magazine. I had filled them in with Green Squadron model putty but it shrank alot.