M41A Pulse rifle model kit build

Show off your other non-figure custom creations here, such as model kits, garage-kits, dioramas, or maybe the next Clone Army invasion!

Moderator: Regulators

M41A Pulse rifle model kit build

Postby Wesr » Sat May 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Just got it in the mail today from Spat's. Overall looks pretty good. Some minor pinholes on the grip but the upper area around the safety has some larger holes. The grenade needs some work too.
I think I have most everything on the parts list to put it together. I also have what looks to be the correct model store box for the grenades but it's too dark a green so it needs painted too.
Wesr
Realminator

Re: M41A Pulse rifle model kit build

Postby zombieforhire » Tue May 24, 2011 6:33 am

Man how much was this ? where did you get it from? does he/she make them for sale ?
zombieforhire
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue May 24, 2011 7:04 am

With the grenade, the main kit with the LED option, and the spare ammo magazine it came to i think 250 shipped. I PM'd you the link.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby zombieforhire » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:49 am

Need an update on this , i really cant wait to see it
zombieforhire
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:20 pm

I'm trimming and sanding. Then comes the less than fun part of filling and rebuilding the bubble filled areas. Then i get to glue it together, fill it with bondo, sand it again, mask off the counter window (I'm painting the gun black like the one in Alien 3) and then put it together and do touch up. The next one i'll paint the right colors but i'm not that good at masking and i've been having a heck of a time painting lately.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Wesr » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:34 pm

Small updates. I started cleaning up the grenade. The bottom of it needed sanded smooth but if I kept sanding i'd have lost the edge at the base of the shell. To fix this, and i think it looks good personally, I used a sheet of thin styrene and shaped it with sand paper. I should have taken more pics but here they are, you can see the difference in after sanding, i have a bit more to get it totally flush. I plan on doing the info on the bottom and installing a primer later on.
Now for the magazine. I kept some of the blemishes because i want this thing to look kind of beat up. Plus the one seam line won't go away no matter how much sanding i do and i don't want to lose too much. I accented damaged areas with Gameworkshops Mithril Silver, i used it for the rounds too, and I may or may not do something about all the holes in the bottom of the magazine. I had filled them in with Green Squadron model putty but it shrank alot.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Other Custom Creations