Who is YOUR definitive Spider-Man?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Who is YOUR definitive Spider-Man?

Postby Collector1 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:48 pm

Spider-Man has been protrayed in a massive diffrent ways by diffrent writters and artist. At first, he was an unusally mature 15 year old, then a sligtly arrogant College student, and now a selfish, stupid douchbag that would make a deal with the Devil so he van have the exact adventures he had in the seventies and hide in the trees to get photos of a private funeral for the now tabloid rag Daily Bugle.

For you, who was it that wrote the definitive version of Spider-Man that first got you sucked into the Spider-Mythos?
If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain
Collector1
Avid Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:01 pm

for me it was definitely straczynski and garney on civil war spider-man, but i've always loved the bagley and david michelinie 90s stuff like "spider-slayers" even though it was before my time :D
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:38 pm

Stan freakin Lee. :D
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby cowboyink » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:48 pm

the Amazing Spiderman Bagley Run <though> the 90's had such a creative fun vibe in his series
cowboyink
Fanatic Realmer

Postby IMaxJ » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:38 am

I also go with the Bagley era...I would have to say that reading Spidey during his run really sucked me in to read Marvel comics,hihihi
IMaxJ
Inductee Realmer

Postby MrGore » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:35 am

if talking about costume looks, I like the mcfarlane black and white, if talking about artists who draw him, I love spiderman by humberto ramos, fav stories then it's the romita jr era, and of course all appearances of blackcat and venom
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:00 am

yeah, isn't humberto ramos drawing wolverine nowadays?
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrGore » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:17 am

I hope not, I love his art, but honestly I think his style is only appropriated for certain heroes, not that guest appearances wouldn't be nice, they would, but have him as regular writer for wolverine is just weird, although sabretooth by him would be awesome, I wish they still publish marvel comics here :(
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby claws_inc » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Romita
claws_inc
Regular Realmer

Postby MrGore » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:19 pm

I like romita work with spiderman alot to
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:25 am

I grew up half in the 80s, half in the 90s. I was from the Todd McFarlane era. His art and the creation of Venom is what initially drew me in. But then I followed the Spider-Man books through McFarlane, into Erik Larsen's run, and on into the long-lasting David Michilinie run. So I was reading during the Venom & Carnage craze, the Demogoblin/Hobgoblin saga, Harry Osbourne as Green Goblin, the Return of the Sinister Six, and the Clone Saga. This was also during the "Married Years."

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby tommyx » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:56 pm

JR SR!
tommyx
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Comics Corner