Wolverine vs Superman

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Wolverine or Superman

Wolverine
28%
Superman
72%

Total votes : 18

Wolverine vs Superman

Postby MrBlu » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Alright I kno this gets kinda old but who would win Wolverine or Superman.From what I've been reading Wolverine's some type of god like mutant who lives trough anything and everything from being thrown in the sun and an atomic blast,then theres Superman a man suppose-idly made of steel who got his bum handed to him by doomsday and from what I've read has become immune to kryptonite.
So in a battle to the death who would win The"man of Steel"Superman or the man with an adamantium skeleton Wolverine?

In my opinion Wolverine would completely destroy the supposed "Man of Steel"
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:34 am

._.

All fights come down to what your definition of "win" is. Do you mean who would kill the other person?

Superman refuses to kill people, so he won't kill Wolves, he'll just beat him until he can't move or something. Wolverine can't cut Superman, or can he? I don't know, I don't see a reason why his claws should be able to cut him when lasers and fire and bombs don't even scratch him.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Punstarr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:18 am

This is like Godzilla vs Bambi, and Logan is unfortunately playing the role of Bambi. Sorry, but Wolverine has neither the durability/super strength nor the sheer speed to even stand a chance. What people forget is that Supes is nearly as fast as the Flash when he wants to be. Mere human reflexes are not enough. Adamantium may or may not be able to cut Superman's flesh, but Superman would never let him get close enough. He'd just throw him to Nepal or something. Mind you, I really can't stand Superman. I think he's so god awful powerful that he's a boring character. But I know my favorite Marvel characters' limitations.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Kern » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:45 am

Is why my favourite version of Supes is the Animated series/Justice League one. Powerfull, but not too uber.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I know that man, that Doctor on high.
And I know that he has done this deed a thousand time. But not once. No, Sir, not once, not ever has he been thanked!
But no more. For I say to you, "Bravo, Sir! BRAVO!"
Kern
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Lord_Khan » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Yeah, Wolverine can't win regardless of having the claws. Superman is much faster and is in the 100+ ton strength class, whereas Wolverine can lift a max of 2 tons.
Lord_Khan
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:32 pm

Whoa, where on earth did you hear that Wolvie can lift 2 tons? :shock: He's always had the strength of a normal man who engages in intensive regular exercise. That's via the OHtMU.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Kern » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:42 pm

...Read someplace he's been known to lift small cars whilst in his rage mode...
Ladies and Gentlemen, I know that man, that Doctor on high.
And I know that he has done this deed a thousand time. But not once. No, Sir, not once, not ever has he been thanked!
But no more. For I say to you, "Bravo, Sir! BRAVO!"
Kern
Fanatic Realmer

Postby supergeek24 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:52 pm

I KNOW THIS IS A WOLVERINE VS SUPERMAN THRED AND SUPES WOULD KILL WOLVIE BY THE WAY, BUT I RELLY THINK THE SENTRY WOULD KICK SUPERMANS BUT IN A FIGHT
supergeek24
Casual Realmer

Postby Collector1 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:42 pm

supergeek24 wrote:I KNOW THIS IS A WOLVERINE VS SUPERMAN THRED AND SUPES WOULD KILL WOLVIE BY THE WAY, BUT I RELLY THINK THE SENTRY WOULD KICK SUPERMANS BUT IN A FIGHT

Owe...I think a went a little deaf there. Anyway, Superman all the way.
If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain
Collector1
Avid Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:34 pm

would Hulk stand a chance against Superman?

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu May 01, 2008 10:02 am

Bakit?! wrote:would Hulk stand a chance against Superman?

Depends on how it's written, but with no super speed, Hulk is at a -severe- disadvantage. Superman is just that mind numbingly powerful.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Lord_Khan » Thu May 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Punstarr wrote:Whoa, where on earth did you hear that Wolvie can lift 2 tons? :shock: He's always had the strength of a normal man who engages in intensive regular exercise. That's via the OHtMU.

http://en.marveldatabase.com/James_Howlett_%28Earth-616%29#Strength_level
Lord_Khan
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Punstarr » Thu May 01, 2008 7:58 pm

Bah. That's crappy modern writing then (IMHO). I'll always go off of the old OHtMU rating. Superhuman strength just makes zero sense for him.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Collector1 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Punstarr wrote:Bah. That's crappy modern writing then (IMHO). I'll always go off of the old OHtMU rating. Superhuman strength just makes zero sense for him.

Not neccsacarily. To be able to move with his skeleton bonded with Adamanitum, would require great psychical strenght to even lift his hand! However, I'm not sure of the exact weight of adamantium but I'm guessing that it is incredible dense and heavy as to survive a blow from Thor's Hammer.

Could you tell me how much his skeleton weights so I can get a better grasp on this?
If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain
Collector1
Avid Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Thu May 01, 2008 9:00 pm

without the adamantium Wolverine wieghs 195 lbs with it he weighs 300 lbs,so the adamantium is only an extra 105 lbs

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Next

Return to Comics Corner