This Week In Comics

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Buzzy Fret » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:34 pm

I thought it was kinda weak. love the way Bats and Darkseid sit and chat about how they will waste each other before doing it.

Final Crisis #6 - total over the top insanity in DCU. I hate Morrison's writing. I picked this issue up because of the Batman hoop-lah and figured if it hooked me I'd but the TPB collection. I'm safely unhooked.

Nightwing - pretty cool and very nice art. plus it had Ra's al Ghul, the coolest Batman villian ever. is Ra's testing Nightwing to see that he is a worthy successor?

Solomon Grundy - interesting. must make sure that if I have a fatal violent death it is near a swamp so that I will come back to life as a swamp monster. worked for Sallis, Holland and Gold.

Titans - wondering where Winick is going with this? Jericho; good, bad or misunderstood? the possessor possessed? and is this story post Final Crisis? cuz Wally is Flash... :?

no Marvel for me this week cuz I dropped Deadpool. Way just doesn't write DP as well as Fabian did.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:21 pm

i kinda dig final crisis... although there is a lot of confusing stuff about the plot, and i was upset that j.g. jones isn't doing all of the interior, it's still a crisis, and therefore i feel obligated to buy it. titan's was ok... and yeah, wally's still the flash for now. i can't wait to see ethan van sciver's new character designs for him. flash: rebirth will be awesome. oh! and i got the last two issues of thunderbolts. i enjoyed it. i'll probably stay on with it. although i have bad luck in the sense that whenever i get on with new titles... the roster changes drastically... :(

and have you guys heard about superman: secret origin? i'll be getting that. i got green lantern: secret origin, and it was pretty good. the HC of that just came out. i highly recommend it.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:03 pm

Dark Avengers was pretty interesting wanna see how it'll be in the long run

Ultimatum was pretty good the ending was f**king insane,darn Magneto definetley out for blood.

Old Man Logan was beautiful,I can't believe Wolverine would do such a thing.
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Postby Chancellor » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:49 pm

yeah, i really enjoyed dark avengers. even after what a let down secret invasion was (not entirely, but still slightly disappointing) i have to give it to Brian Bendis, he's got some talent. i also really liked mighty avengers. the new roster looks promising... as long as they get rid of USAgent soon :? not a big fan of him. final crisis is getting pretty confusing... but my comics store owner guy put it simply for me:

batman is the barry allen of final crisis.

i'd say that sums it up pretty good. right? no ones will remember the actual crisis, and people will just think he bit it during RIP. and then there'll be someone else under the cowl. crazy...
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:49 pm

final crisis number 7-

apparently it isn't possible for the DCU's big 7 to all be alive at the same time. for a while, barry allen and hal jordan were both dead, then hal comes back, and orin, the original aqua man dies, jonzz j'onzz dies, and barry allen comes back, now bruce wyane is dead, and the original aqua man is back...
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Previous

Return to Comics Corner