This Week In Comics

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Dr Nightmare » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:41 pm

You should have dropped War Journal LONG ago! Go read MAX! It's disgusting! :D
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Chancellor » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:06 pm

yeah, i am so sick of war journal. i just took it off my list today. and i finally got around to picking up final crisis! WHOA!!! orion AND manhunter??? i love grant morrison, but this seems a little iffy... :doubt:
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:17 pm

I read the TPB Punisher MAX series collections. I like doing that instead of reading individual issues.

They didn't waste Orion along with Manhunter did they?! I just saw an ad for Final Crisis in Detective that hinted that Martian Manhunter was gonna get done in!

I gotta drop War Journal and Ultimate X-Men.

Although I'm pleased to see that they are reprinting the original Punisher War Journal by Potts & Lee.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Dr Nightmare » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:43 pm

They're reprinting the old series? Sweet! My eyes hurt like hell after reading them on the computer screen for so long. >_<

Spoiler: Manhunter is dead, the New Gods are inhabiting the bodies of humans now.
Dr Nightmare
Realminator

Postby Buzzy Fret » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:23 am

Punisher WJ Reprint > Yep it was in the Marvel Preview for Aug. It'll have PWJ 1 - 8.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:58 pm

i know there's been all this hype about how terrible wolverine can be, but pick up wolverine #66 and you'll regret you said that stuff about him. it's an awesome read and i recommend to highly!
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:13 am

Yes!

Wolverine: Looks to be a good yarn. Liking the art very much. Vines inks really make McNiven's art shine.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 am

Big Marvel Week! But first something completely different;

Conan The Cimmerian #0 - Can't wait for more! I love Giorello's art!

New Avengers #42 & Mighty Avengers #16 - Cripes, who isn't a Skrull?! I'm getting a little bored with these titles just filling in the backstory for the SI. It's getting more ponderous and convoluted than all of the X-Men history! I wish they would start moving the story along.

Captain America #39 - Still love it but wishing Brubaker would pick up the pace! The confrontation between New Cap and Fake Cap was kind of a let down. Needed to be more than the last 2 pages of the book! Next issue better be filled with them beating the hell outta each other with some BIG Kirby style splash pages! A man can dream can't he?!

Wolverine Origins #26 - Nothing new there but very happy that Dillon isn't drawing it anymore! He doesn't do superheroes very well. I think Dillon's style works better for stuff like the DC Vertigo titles.

Ultimates #3 - I know, I said I would drop it but it had Ka-Zar and Shanna in it! Was still disappointing. When are Marvel gonna blow up the Ultimate Universe? Not soon enough! This story blows. I think Loeb is stretching himself thin.

Immortal Iron Fist #16 - Slow. No Kung Fu Action in a Kung Fu comic. WTH? Although Danny did get it on with Misty Knight.

Wolverine First Class #4 - Yeah I read it! Wanna make something of it?! It reminds me of the old days of Marvel.
Last edited by Buzzy Fret on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:09 pm

how about that hulk #4??? i can't wait till the big smack-down in between thor and red hulk!!! and i'm pretty sure doc sampson is not red hulk, but i could be wrong. never know with marvel.

and final crisis #2 was... confusing. but what DC book isn't? hopefully it'll help that i just got all 4 52 GNs. lots of reading to do!
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Kern » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:14 pm

DC Special: Cyborg issue 2 - if only for the frickin' sweet move Changeling pulls on the bad guy.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I know that man, that Doctor on high.
And I know that he has done this deed a thousand time. But not once. No, Sir, not once, not ever has he been thanked!
But no more. For I say to you, "Bravo, Sir! BRAVO!"
Kern
Fanatic Realmer

Postby supergeek24 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:11 pm

how great is millers 1985 that to me is a good book
supergeek24
Casual Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:22 pm

heh, 1985 is like, the first new marvel book i haven't picked up in months. and i'm proud of myself for it too. but still, how is it?
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Mikey11935 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:20 am

Im confused I got Ultimates #4 this week??? Everyone missed the Avengers SI this week?
Only the Young Avengers/ Runaways suck in the whole SI series so far.
Mikey11935
Regular Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:18 pm

yeah, i got ultimates 3 #4 too. it was ok. and i'm also pretty proud of myself for not picking up any SI tie ins other than books i'm already buying.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:34 pm

Mikey11935 wrote:Im confused I got Ultimates #4 this week??? Everyone missed the Avengers SI this week?
Only the Young Avengers/ Runaways suck in the whole SI series so far.

I typoed - I got Ultimates 3 #4.

I picked up both Mighty & New Avengers... they're OK... the backstory Bendis is spinning is getting a little thick though. I don't see how he's gonna resolve this without some big plot holes.

Hey maybe when this is all said and done they'll combine the Avengers' titles into The Mighty New Avengers.... :mrgreen:

What? What?
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

PreviousNext

Return to Comics Corner