Wolverine Must DIE!

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Postby Chancellor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:47 pm

well i admit the 80s were good to comics, the beginning of big limited series like secret wars and crisis on infinite earths was important... but some of the style in which some of the movies, and most of the music... was just not appealing to me. sorry, guess it's just a matter of opinion... although i was surprised at how much flak i got for dissing the 80s... no offense though.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:49 pm

Get an admantium drill bit that's as dull as possible and slowly drill a hole in his head and suck his brain out with a twisty straw. I'm pretty sure he won't grow a new brain.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Punstarr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:03 pm

Wolverine has regenerated from a single strand of DNA in one story. It's ridiculous.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:08 pm

he used to be such a good character. Marvel's ruined all their lines. I wanted to buy the TPB of Civil war but they want 22.95 for it. THey should reboot the universe from about 1990 and get all the staff they had back then working again to teach these new people how comics should be run. This is part of why i quit collecting back in the mid 90s. between the overblown crossovers and lousy artwork it wasn't worth 2.00 an issue. Especially when you can get them in collections or free online in pdf file now lol. Could he survive being entombed in admantium. O.o regenerating from his hair or dna would be interesting if he didn't have the metal bones at the time. They ruined it when they finally revealed his past. It's up there with the total redo of Nick Fury they did for the Ultimates Universe.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Collector1 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Punstarr wrote:Wolverine has regenerated from a single strand of DNA in one story. It's ridiculous.

At least they had a magical McGuffin to form some sort of excuse. Hence why he was able to get his adamantium skeleton back.
If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain
Collector1
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:34 pm

how'd he get his metal bones back? last i saw he kept turning into some feral neaderthal form.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Punstarr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm

As I recall, Apocalypse melted down Cypher's skin and re-implanted it onto Wolverine's bones and claws in order to make him his horseman Death.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:44 pm

i quit collecting towards the middle of the age of apocalypse. not sure why now
Wesr
Realminator

Postby BurningDoom » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:22 am

Punstarr wrote:As I recall, Apocalypse melted down Cypher's skin and re-implanted it onto Wolverine's bones and claws in order to make him his horseman Death.

Wow, that's hardcore! I vaguelyremember that story. But what I remember involved Skrulls performing surgery on Wolverine. I didn't llike the story I remember, though. I could have sworn I just saw Cyber on the cover of some recent X-Title at the LCS. :?

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:09 am

i think i'm going to stick to my dvd of old chris x-men stories from the 60s-90s (it goes up to 2005 but why bother? lol). The continuity's so bad even Chris Claremont coming back as writer can't fix it. They ruined what he spent all those years working on.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Punstarr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:44 am

Cyber, yeah. I meant Cyber. :oops:
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Punstarr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:45 am

sephiroth wrote:i think i'm going to stick to my dvd of old chris x-men stories from the 60s-90s (it goes up to 2005 but why bother? lol). The continuity's so bad even Chris Claremont coming back as writer can't fix it. They ruined what he spent all those years working on.

The Chris Claremont who came back in the late 90s is not the same writer. I swear he's a pod person disguised as Claremont. His writing is really bad now for some reason. He was great for his original X-Men run but when he came back to write Wolverine... man was it bad.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Odd. Maybe its cause of the continuity he had to work with now. I don't even know where he went. I know his novels of the x-men movies (or at least #2) was really good. The only x-men now that even feels like the old comics is the new cartoon, it has more Claremont era refferences than anything i saw.
Wesr
Realminator

Previous

Return to Comics Corner