Batmans gadgets

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Could batman still be useful without gadgets?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes : 18

Batmans gadgets

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:19 pm

What is your favorite Batman gadget or item ?
for me its a tie between the bat credit card from one of the movies and bat brownies from when he was on scooby doo
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Bat Shark Repellent... easy.

As for whether Batman would be as effective with no gadgets, the answer is of course no. That doesn't mean he'd be useless. He's still got that keen tactical mind and martial arts... which will take him pretty far, just not far enough to be useful in the JLA.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:34 pm

Punstarr I have to disagree that he wouldn't help the league because the question helps the league and has no powers or gadgets.
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:15 pm

No clue who the Question is, man... my point is that in an actual fight against the kinds of foes the JLA fights, Batman wouldn't be all that useful. In fact, I'd wager it takes some stretches for writers to have him do much good against the likes of Darkseid and other such world shaking threats in actual combat. A batarang and acid bombs are going to do zip to the lord of Apokolips. I just think that Batman is a great street level hero who gets overplayed at times. Despite what the hardcore Batman fans think, he can't beat everybody. Just my opinion.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 pm

but it has been proven that he can dodge darkseids omega beams and if his fist wont work neither will a gadget seeming he doesn't own a gadget that would hurt darkseid so by this your technically saying he is useless against darksied gadget or not I believe batmans strength comes from his intelligence and willpower. debating is fun. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:25 pm

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying. Combat-wise, he really has no business in the JLA. I realize that his mind may be able to lend aid to the JLA, but he'd be better off as an ally, not a full blown member. To that end, Green Arrow really has no business there either... and before you make comparisons to the Avengers, remember that the JLA operates on a scale above that of the Avengers. DC signature characters tend to be more powerful than their Marvel counterparts anyway. One of the exceptions is Batman. As I said, he's great for street level stories involving his own rogue's gallery. Cosmic and other world shaking events? Not so much.

Your question was would Batman be useless without his gadgets... I say it depends on what book he's in. In his own books he'd stand a lot better chance than in the JLA.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:48 pm

I guess you do have a good point . Well played good sir ,well played indeed =D> LOL I gotta admit you got me this time ,We gotta argue points with each other more often .Oh, I mean you'll rue the day you ever met yamivash. :evil: :lol:
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby Punstarr » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:56 pm

Thanks man. In the end though, they're just my opinions. I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree.

I just dislike the hardcore Batman fan boyism we sometimes see where they won't admit that Batman isn't a deity. :lol:
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Mr.X » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:37 pm

Thanks man. In the end though, they're just my opinions. I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree.

I just dislike the hardcore Batman fan boyism we sometimes see where they won't admit that Batman isn't a deity.

BLASPHEMY!!! :lol: :lol:

Gotta agree with you on that point though, he really isnt one of the more "God-like" members.

I must present this case though, which would be better suited for working with the JLA (minus gadgets) Batman or Green Arrow?

Now, if we're going to count a normal bow and arrow as a gadget, ill say Batman, but if we let it slide through, id say Green Arrow. Mainly because Batman(without his gadgets) is a close combat fighter along with his intellect, thats all he brings. At least GA would be able to use his bow from a distance along with his formal martial art skills(though that doesnt mean its actually going to do anything).

Of course GA's recklessness might get him killed anyway... :lol:
Pew Pew Pew.
Mr.X
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:01 pm

if bats was against superman without gadgets he'd get pounded to pulp served in a can
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:36 pm

hmmm... you know batman has legitimately beaten darkseid. he found out the activate codes for the hellspores on apokolips and changed the, the nset them as a time bomb :arrow: so now if darkseid kills him they'll still go off, and to get them to not go off, darkseid has to do what batman wants (in this case letting supergirl free of his control). if batman can pull that off, and i'm not being a bat-fan, c'mon, that totally legit, he can certainly create a scenario on his HOME PLANET with all of his resources on earth.

anyway, y had a good point that if the question was on the league, even elongated man, (both well known detectives, also both now deceased) of course batman would be on the team! he is pretty much the best hand combatant in the world, without his gadgets. so, i also think that bats would totally kick green arrow's butt. no offense to ollies awesomeness though.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby doctorwhoroxs1 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:05 pm

Batman would beat the crap out of Superman. :D
"I'm a zit, Get it?"

John Belushi as Bluto

Animal House (1978)
doctorwhoroxs1
Avid Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:41 pm

doctorwhoroxs1 wrote:Batman would beat the crap out of Superman. :D

Indeed he would.
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Postby joey1212 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:14 pm

isnt bats suit sometimes laced with krptonite?

by the way has bats died in r.i.p.?
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrGore » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:21 am

joey1212 wrote:if bats was against superman without gadgets he'd get pounded to pulp served in a can
that depends if you count the kryptonite ring as gadject, since it's a mark of trust superman gave him
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Next

Return to Comics Corner