What a ka-winky-dink

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

What a ka-winky-dink

Postby MrBlu » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:23 am

You ever notice how some comic characters are jus so similar?Like Spider-Man and Superman.No?You you don't see the similarities between the two?I sure do.

Both of them work for newspaper thingymahbobbers.When Superman isn't there Clark is and vice versa as well as with Spider-Man and Peter Parker.Whenever their city is being attacked Peter and Clark disappear,and in their places are Superman and Spider-Man.They both even have an evil musclebound counter-parts from other planets/demensions with similar abilities.Another thing being they-re both saving a city full of idiots.

Ionno these are jus things I noticed,I'm sure somone out there noticed these things as well.
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Re: What a ka-winky-dink

Postby Lord_Khan » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Bakit?! wrote:When Superman isn't there Clark is and vice versa as well as with Spider-Man and Peter Parker.Whenever their city is being attacked Peter and Clark disappear,and in their places are Superman and Spider-Man. Another thing being they-re both saving a city full of idiots.

Those things are true for most superheroes.
Lord_Khan
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:18 pm

well yeah, i mean, i've noticed that too. it's mostly on a count of people at the early days of marvel basically had no independent thought and had to steal all of DC's character ideas.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MenByMckenn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:54 pm

Excuse me Chancellor, had to respond. Early days of Marvel- no independent thought? Had to steal all of DC's character ideas? Two words- Stan Lee.
First up - The Fantastic Four / no secret identities and they didn't really get along
Second up- The Incredible Hulk / the monster that is really the good guy
Not sure if you want me to go on to the Thrid,Fourth, and Fifth and so on. Let's just leave it at everybody can like whatever or whoever they want , but know what you're talking about before you make comments on a subject.
Last edited by MenByMckenn on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Here comes the beating of your life!"
MenByMckenn
Regular Realmer

Postby leafman343 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Hulk isn't really all that original, Hulk is a reworked version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:28 pm

i was only saying how marvel borrowed a lot of character concepts from DC. sure, they were all changed, but still...

plasticman & elongated man - mr. fantastic
hawkman - angel
the atom - antman
soloman grundy - hulk
green arrow - hawkeye
doctor mid-nite - daredevil
flash - quick silver
green lantern corps - nova corps

i still love marvel comics, and they have had plenty of great concepts for characters too...

submariner - aquaman
cross-over events like secret wars - crisis on infinite earths
nova - firestorm
wise cracking acrobats like spider-man - blue beetle
and plenty more.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrBlu » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:39 pm

I always it as Soloman grundy being based off Hulk
when I meet the Devil I'm a say my full name

MrBlu
Fanatic Realmer

Location: below the heavens in hell with your new imaginary friend

Postby Punstarr » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Well as much as I'm a big Marvel buff, Solomon Grundy first appeared in 1944 and the Incredible Hulk first appeared in 1962, so Solomon was definitely first. I'm not sure I buy that the Hulk was taken from Grundy though. Grundy is a zombie. The only similarities I see is slightly similar appearances and the fact that both of them are monsters.
Punstarr
Realm of Famer

Postby Chancellor » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:03 pm

in a grundy one shot i just read, they're making it so he morphs back to human form when the sun is up... so i guess DC is making grundy more like hulk now.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Buzzy Fret » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Chancellor wrote:in a grundy one shot i just read, they're making it so he morphs back to human form when the sun is up... so i guess DC is making grundy more like hulk now.

graaaahhh! Grundy smush!
Buzzy Fret
Elite Realmer

Return to Comics Corner