Superman/Batman, Next DC Animated Movie

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Superman/Batman, Next DC Animated Movie

Postby BurningDoom » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 pm

AICN confirms that Warner Bros. Animation and DC Comics will follow this summer’s Green Lantern: First Flight with Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, based on the 2003-2004 comic-book storyline by Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness.

Superman/Batman will be the sixth in the series of direct-to-DVD DC Universe Original Animated Movies that began in 2007 with Superman: Doomsday. Bruce Timm reportedly is executive producer.

The official synopsis appears to follow the source material — the initial arc of the Superman/Batman comic series — pretty closely, with President Lex Luthor claiming that a kryptonite asteroid heading toward Earth is part of a sinister plot by Superman. Luthor then offers a $1 billion bounty for the Man of Steel and his “partner in crime” Batman.

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies is expected to be released this fall

Sweet! I know they already did this, but this will still be awesome! The Wonder Woman one they just released was incredible, believe it or not.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Collector1 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Cool! I was hoping we'd get another Superman animated movie soon.
If you take a copy of the Christian Bible and put it out in the wind and the rain, soon the paper on which the words are printed will disintegrate and the words will be gone. Our bible IS the wind and the rain
Collector1
Avid Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:31 am

i wonder if its going to be in the bruce timm verse?
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby doctorwhoroxs1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 am

joey1212 wrote:i wonder if its going to be in the bruce timm verse?

It better be.
"I'm a zit, Get it?"

John Belushi as Bluto

Animal House (1978)
doctorwhoroxs1
Avid Realmer

Postby Lord_Khan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:34 pm

doctorwhoroxs1 wrote:
joey1212 wrote:i wonder if its going to be in the bruce timm verse?

It better be.

None of the DC Animated Direct-to-DVD movies have been in the Timmverse, so I doubt it.
Lord_Khan
Fanatic Realmer

Postby PEEPEETRON » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:34 am

The DC Animated movies are soooo good I wish marvel could do the same...I watched Ironman, Dr. Stange and couple others and was disgusted...Though I hear good things, I keep putting off trying Hulk vs. 'cuz I don't know if I can stand the dissapointment again...
http://figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17149
http://www.figurerealm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18741
"When you're feeling low and woozy slap a fresh clip in you Uzi!
Assume the proper firing stance and make those suckers jump and dance!"
PEEPEETRON
Regular Realmer

Postby 13customs » Mon May 04, 2009 12:58 am

can some one give me a list of all the dc animated movies..i am so far behind on dc

i only know of: death of superman
justice league~frontiers
wonder woman
13customs
Regular Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Mon May 04, 2009 1:07 am

PEEPEETRON wrote:The DC Animated movies are soooo good I wish marvel could do the same...I watched Ironman, Dr. Stange and couple others and was disgusted...Though I hear good things, I keep putting off trying Hulk vs. 'cuz I don't know if I can stand the dissapointment again...

You've got to be kidding, Ultimate Avengers just blew me away it was so good! It was like Ultimates come to life! The battle between Hulk and the Avengers was one of the most brutal animated battles I have ever seen. Iron Man was great too! I didn't like that they made Mandarin a chick, but that's really a minor complaint.

On the other hand, Superman: Doomsday sucked! It didn't follow either Animated Timmverse or DC Comics Universe rules and continuity. The artwork was horrid (why did Superman have freaking lines in his face?!) and Lex was stupid in the movie, not his A-List Supervillain self. Batman: Gotham Knights was disappointing too. None of the stories were long enough to make me care. Instead of 4 or 5 mediocre stories, why didn't they just do one good one?

I do give it to them on both Justice League: New Frontier, and Wonder Woman. Those two movies were great! I just hope the rest of DC's movies will be as good.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon May 04, 2009 1:42 pm

I miss the 90s batman and justice league stuff. the newer movies haven't done much for me. Did anyone notice an ad for batman/superman in the background of times square in I Am Legend?
Wesr
Realminator

Postby BurningDoom » Mon May 04, 2009 1:56 pm

sephiroth wrote:I miss the 90s batman and justice league stuff. the newer movies haven't done much for me. Did anyone notice an ad for batman/superman in the background of times square in I Am Legend?

Oh yeah, Bruce Tim was the man! Batman forced cartoons to be quality, and Justice League Unlimited was the greatest super-hero cartoon to date. And often overlooked, Superman TAS was a great series too! Some of the best battles with Darkseid and Brainiac can be seen on it.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon May 04, 2009 2:41 pm

what i really liked was WB keeping the same actors for over a decade doing the voice work from batman and superman all the way through justice league. Batman beyond was good but never got much play around here sadly.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Comics Corner