Hulk questions?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Hulk questions?

Postby MrGore » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:35 am

Marvel comics stoped beeing published in my country few years ago, so I try to keep up reading comicvine.com, and marvel .com char bios, and I got some questions about the hulk, last time I saw hulk was smart as a 2 year old, and a savage beast that emerged when banner was mad, right?
and now i read that after he was sent to some alien planet he came back seeking revenge after iluminati, and he was a king in that planet, and had a son, so my question is, how smart is hulk now? did he turn in banner in the alien planet? does he turn alien now? has hulk gotten smarter, like from beeing hulk for so long he aged his smart level?
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:01 am

I never got into the Hulk but over the years his IQ has gone up and down with his various form/color changes. There was a green hulk that could talk and had banner's mind and a gray hulk that was able to talk and was pretty smart. It seems to change as the writers see fit.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby MrGore » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:25 am

Green smart hulk is the professor hulk, and gray is joe fixit, I know all about those, I'm curious about nowadays hulk
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:38 am

I don't know much about the new one then. Last time i read one was in 2005 and he seemed to be smart.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Chancellor » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:48 pm

during the planet hulk series, when hulk was rocketed off to a distant planet, yeah basically he had to stay as hulk to survive, and therefore he started to get smart and come out as an actual individual. once changed back to banner after world war hulk, then back into the hulk, he was dumb again. i don't know what the explanation is for all that, but that's what happened.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:51 pm

Chancellor wrote:during the planet hulk series, when hulk was rocketed off to a distant planet, yeah basically he had to stay as hulk to survive, and therefore he started to get smart and come out as an actual individual. once changed back to banner after world war hulk, then back into the hulk, he was dumb again. i don't know what the explanation is for all that, but that's what happened.

Jeph Loeb wrote Hulk after WWH, that's what happened. Jeph Loeb is a good writer, I gotta give credit where credit is due, but he pays no attention to continuity, Which in my opinion shows he doesn't respect those who came before him. It's a shame, they shouldn't give a TV writer a comic writing gig if he ignores the history of comics and the respect due; comics were mainstream LONG before television was.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby MrGore » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:14 am

Thank you for the information, can anyone tell me more about how his personality was, and ow smart he was?

that's so sad that he got dumb again :(
MrGore
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:47 am

BurningDoom wrote:
Chancellor wrote:during the planet hulk series, when hulk was rocketed off to a distant planet, yeah basically he had to stay as hulk to survive, and therefore he started to get smart and come out as an actual individual. once changed back to banner after world war hulk, then back into the hulk, he was dumb again. i don't know what the explanation is for all that, but that's what happened.

Jeph Loeb wrote Hulk after WWH, that's what happened. Jeph Loeb is a good writer, I gotta give credit where credit is due, but he pays no attention to continuity, Which in my opinion shows he doesn't respect those who came before him. It's a shame, they shouldn't give a TV writer a comic writing gig if he ignores the history of comics and the respect due; comics were mainstream LONG before television was.

-Nate-

I agree. One of the best TV writers who did comics was J. Michael Straczynski who created Babylon 5. I don't know if he's still writing comics but his work was really good and he handled the september 11 events in the Spiderman comic really tastefully. If only i could find a copy of that issue.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Chancellor » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:03 pm

BurningDoom wrote:

-Nate-

word. i've been reading jeph loeb's hulk, and all his superman/batman stuff... there is no attention paid to continuity at ALL... which, yes, is pretty arrogant of him to just ignore all other takes on these characters...
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Comics Corner