I missed something in the marvel universe

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

I missed something in the marvel universe

Postby Wesr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:47 am

When did they kill off Jack "Nomad" Monroe and where did the original Bucky from the 1940s come from (not to mention get a cybernetic arm like CAble's)?
Wesr
Realminator

Postby BurningDoom » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:11 pm

I'm pretty sure Nomad Captain America is still running around claiming he's the real Captain America, but no one is listening still. I'm pretty sure he's still doing the government's dirty work with the New Invaders, they just don't have a comic. As for Bucky, man have you been away for a while:

It was revealed that Bucky was sent on a covert mission to the Soviet Union shortly after WWII. He was captured and presumed dead. Instead, though, the Soviet Union spent years brainwashing him and made him their own agent. Recently he has resurfaced with his memories returned to him and since the Soviet Union is no more he is no longer under their control.

During Civil War 2 years ago, Steve Rogers (Original Captain America) led the anti-registration heroes against Iron Man and the pro-registration heroes. He was assasinated (not by Iron Man or his allies, though) as he surrended for the safety of the american public. Afterwards Bucky reluctantly took Steve's place as Captain America and is the current Captain America you now see in the new Alex Ross designed costume.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm

ah. yeah i have all of civil war. In the one comic i was wondering as Bucky was visiting the grave of the guy who was Nomad years ago in the 90s jack monroe and said he killed him. Bucky's in darn good shape for being in his 80s like Cap america lol. Something tells me the real cap isn't dead just yet. He'll be like superman and come back at some point.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Scottrooper » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Nah, poor ol' Jack Monroe is indeed dead. He was set up/brainwashed (I think) to become the Foolkiller, and got inolved in a battle that included the Thunderbolts. Don't remember the specifics, but it did end up with him dying at the end.
Scottrooper
Casual Realmer

Postby Wesr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:37 pm

that is nice. I really liked the Nomad series. I know steve/cap turned into nomad for a while he mentions in an issue of civil war when he and tony beat the crap out of each other. I really like the art in this mini series. When i quit collecting it was looking really lousy.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Top-notch comix » Fri May 01, 2009 8:16 pm

so why isnt bucky like 80 years old like in the Ultimates?
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby leafman343 » Fri May 01, 2009 8:28 pm

The Soviets kept Bucky in stasis when he wasn't on a mission so he didn't age very much
leafman343
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Wesr » Fri May 01, 2009 8:42 pm

man marvel likes to over complicate things don't they? Its part of why i quit collecting, you had to buy 12 different comics to get an entire miniseries.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Comics Corner