wheres booster gold?

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

wheres booster gold?

Postby joey1212 » Sun May 17, 2009 1:58 am

does anyone know when booster gold made his latest appearance, also i read up on the comicvine and it says theres a possibility that ted kord is still alive through what the last page(s) of the story arc in 52 with rip hunter and booster, has this been elaborated :? ?
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Sun May 17, 2009 2:05 am

Booster Gold has had an ongoing series since 52 ended that is still going. Dan Jurgens who's known for his longtime run on Superman in the 90s and the original Booster Gold series in the 80s is behind the book. Here's a solicit for the latest issue which just came out last Wednesday and should still be on shelves:

BOOSTER GOLD #20

Written by Keith Giffen; Art and cover by Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund

Guest-writer Keith Giffen buckles up and steps into the timestream to take Booster Gold back to the Cold War! When the space race heats up between the United States and Russia, Booster must save the lives of four astronauts before their rocket goes red!
DC Universe 32pg. Color $2.99 US
On Sale May 13, 2009

Ted Kord did come back, in a way. Booster Gold's new series is based on time-travel. In one storyarc he prevented Blue Beetle's death. This lasted a few issues, but soon the future was ending up worse than before Blue Beetle died, so he had to put things back the way they were.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Tue May 19, 2009 10:17 am

ah thanks mate :D , but i read ted k. profile on comicvine and it said:

Booster Gold believes things have been set right again, but a shadowy figure turns up at a Kord Industries warehouse holding a glowing scarab and laughing like Ted Kord.
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Tue May 19, 2009 1:55 pm

joey1212 wrote:ah thanks mate :D , but i read ted k. profile on comicvine and it said:

Booster Gold believes things have been set right again, but a shadowy figure turns up at a Kord Industries warehouse holding a glowing scarab and laughing like Ted Kord.

Maybe he's a member of the Black Lantern Corps and is gonna be a villain in the upcoming Blackest Night saga.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Wed May 20, 2009 10:29 am

that would be interesting :) , aren't black lanterns zombies?
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Wed May 20, 2009 2:16 pm

joey1212 wrote:that would be interesting :) , aren't black lanterns zombies?

Yep, and we already know that Aquaman (Athur Curry), Martian Manhunter, and Superman of Earth-2 are gonna be members.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Thu May 21, 2009 10:12 am

so im guessing the wont have the personalitysof who they were neither will they look human, but rather zombie like(of course) :?:
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Thu May 21, 2009 12:48 pm

joey1212 wrote:so im guessing the wont have the personalitysof who they were neither will they look human, but rather zombie like(of course) :?:

I'm not sure, but here's what we do know about them:

-Scar, the Guardian of the Universe that had her face scarred by the Anti-Monitor in "GL: Sinestro Corps War", is the Black Lantern's Guardian and nobody in the Guardians of the Universe or GL Corps are none the wiser about it. They all still think she's a GL Guardian of the Universe.
-Black Hand is the "field-leader" with WAY amped-up powers.
-Members will be dead characters from the DC Universe. Anyone dead is eligible for membership.
-The coming of the Black Lanterns is supposed to signal the end of the "Colors Wars" raging in the Universe between the various Corps.
-This crossover will affect the ENTIRE DC Universe, not just GL titles.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Fri May 22, 2009 10:55 am

they could use the black lanterns as a meal ticket to get everyone who has died in the last 10 years to return, however i doubt that, well actually i doubt they're going to bring back batman in that fashion anyway, they might bring back jean paul, rip hunter's board said so [smilie=superkewl.gif] btw does rip hunter still travel around with booster?
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby HeartBreakKid » Fri May 22, 2009 12:04 pm

I can almost guarantee you they won't bring bruce back as a black lantern but not for the reasons you may think... *CRYPTIC*
Friendly neighborhood moderator-Any Questions,Concerns,Just looking to chat feel free to PM!
Official member of the Untouchable Customs Team .
HeartBreakKid
Regulator

Postby joey1212 » Sat May 23, 2009 2:22 am

yes very cryptic indeed, i think you might have to elaborate in more cryptic messages lol, however i think i might have an idea how they're going to bring back bruce,but its completely oddball
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Comics Corner