James Robinson's Justice League

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

James Robinson's Justice League

Postby BurningDoom » Fri May 29, 2009 3:10 pm

JUSTICE LEAGUE: CRY FOR JUSTICE #1

Written by James Robinson; Art and covers Mauro Cascioli

What brings a team together? Justice! Batman and Martian Manhunter have been slaughtered. But he's not the only hero to fall at the hands of villains. The murder has to stop, and it's time to take the fight to the bad guys! Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Atom, Shazam, Congorilla and Starman unite in a cry for justice!

This 6-part miniseries from James Robinson (STARMAN, SUPERMAN) and rising star artist Mauro Cascioli (TRIALS OF SHAZAM) pushes our heroes to the brink and beyond as evil can no longer be tolerated to win. But when Prometheus plans his revenge on not only the heroes, but on the very places they call home, will this new team be ready to pay the cost for the justice they seek? This time it's personal – and it'll only get more bloody before it's over!

DC Universe 40pg. Color $3.99 US
On Sale July 1, 2009

It sounds awesome! The team looks like it has a great line-up, Robinson is a helluva writer (if you don't believe me, then pick up some issues of Starman v2) and the cover art looks fantastic!

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Sat May 30, 2009 9:13 pm

yeah, i'm pretty stoked for this myself. good to finally see green arrow back in the league... although i guess this isn't exactly the league?? i dunno. and what's gonna happen to the other JLA book? is mcduffie FINALLY gonna leave the title? i hope so. i'm sick of shadow cabinet algain already...
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Sun May 31, 2009 12:02 am

Oh yeah, DC Comics canned his arse! And I couldn't be happier! I have regularly follwed the JLA since the Giffen days in the early 90s. I followed all the way until McDuffie took over and turned the book into a children's cartoon. I'm not sure who's gonna take over or when his exact last issue is, nor do I know the exact reason why. I heard something about office politics, but don't quote me.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Sun May 31, 2009 8:08 am

wow i didn't know he took over after giffen's run. guess you sorta have to give him credit, it would be hard for anyone to follow up that run. and is it going to be ray palmer or ryan choi in this new league?
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Sun May 31, 2009 12:09 pm

He didn't follow-up Giffen. There were many writers between Giffen and McDuffie, I was just saying I had been reading JLA for that long until McDuffie.

-Nate-
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Sun May 31, 2009 2:37 pm

ahhh i see.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Comics Corner