Big Names Coming to Justice League

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Big Names Coming to Justice League

Postby BurningDoom » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:56 pm

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/06/18/robinson-and-bagley-are-the-new-justice-league-team/

Robinson and Bagley are the new Justice League team
June 18th, 2009
Author David Pepose

DC, via its blog the Source, has announced that the new ongoing creative team for Justice League of America will be writer James Robinson and artist Mark Bagley.

Robinson has some experience with the League under his belt through his miniseries Justice League: Cry for Justice, while Mark Bagley just spent the last 52 weeks drawing all the heroes past and present of the DCU for the weekly series Trinity.

“It’s a thrill to be given the reins of DC’s flagship team book and to know that my partner in crime(fighting) will be the esteemed Mark Bagley who’s dynamic storytelling skills I intend to make full use of,” Robinson told the Source. “It’s further exciting/gratifying for me that I can dove-tail the events of Cry For Justice into the main book where post-Blackest Night will emerge a new team and a new exciting direction as they get caught up in the next wave of events building throughout the DCU.”

Robinson, of course, replaced the departing Dwayne McDuffie, who reported in May that he was fired from the series.

From a production standpoint, I’d have to say that this is a pretty nice decision by DC, as Bagley especially is a lean, mean drawing machine. Based on the portrait of the now-indisposed Big Three on this cover, I guess we’ll find out what happens to Vixen and company in October, when the new team’s first issue comes out. What say you, Rama readers?

\:D/

YES! Robinson and Bagley on DC's big guns!!! I can't freaking wait! DOWN WITH MCDUFFIE!!!

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:38 am

FINALLY... at what issue will they start though??
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Postby Chancellor » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:40 am

and i seriously hope they can at least get red arrow and (one or more) flash on the team... i know geo-force and black lightning are tied up with the outsiders... but come on. roy harper kicks bum.
Chancellor
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Comics Corner