G4TV Comic-Con Coverage

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

G4TV Comic-Con Coverage

Postby BurningDoom » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:12 pm

Did anyone else catch this? I really wish that G4TV gave more time to the actual comics. They were all about the Movies, TV, and Games. Which are all cool, but it's COMIC-Con.

But considering there is no alternative other than going to the convention yourself, I'm glad someone on TV is reporting anything about Comic-Con. I enjoyed the coverage for what it was. It was worth it alone to see Olivia Munn in those costumes

I wish they had some coverage of the costume contest, or at least more shots of costumed conventioners on the floor. I also wish they had a quick walkthrough tour of the floor, with some meet & greets with celebrities, artists, and writers who were in the autograph areas. It would also be awesome if they showcased some of the new titles and figures being shown for the first time.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:03 am

comic vine's got lots of interviews with the writers/artists/editors who were at comic con, since the comic vine dudes were there all week :)
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurchCustoms » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:06 am

i couldn't watch it, mainly because i cannot stand any of the g4 personalities except for adam and morgan from xplay.

how the knowledgable leo and patrick could be replaced by the moronic kevin and olivia is beyond me.

i miss tech tv.
jakeb of Burch Customs
Vita mutatur, non tollitur

Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=19803

L.Roy's Art Page: http://lroyburch.deviantart.com/gallery/
BurchCustoms
Avid Realmer

Postby Wesr » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 am

I don't watch G4 sadly, there stuff just doesn't appeal to me. It is a shame that nobody is focusing more on the comics. That's the problem with a con that big that attracts all branches of entertainment. The highlight for me was the Tron: Legacy movie trailer.
Wesr
Realminator

Postby Top-notch comix » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:20 pm

sephiroth wrote:I don't watch G4 sadly, there stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

we know, we know, you watch the "farm channel" instead... so... is the farm channel like QVC? or just a channel about farming? I've always wondered...
Top-notch comix
Realm of Famer

Postby Wesr » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:21 pm

lol I mostly only watch history channels, science channel, cartoons and vh1 classic. other than that i see no point to the 200 other channels we get.
Wesr
Realminator

Return to Comics Corner