Blackest Night Big-Baddie Revealed ***SPOILERS***

Want to gab about how pointy Batman's ears are or how far Spider-Man can go on a cartridge of web-fluid? Feel free to share your thoughts on all your favorite comics here!

Moderator: Regulators

Blackest Night Big-Baddie Revealed ***SPOILERS***

Postby BurningDoom » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Many fans had him high on our list of suspects. According to the newest issue of Previews that came out today, the November issue will reveal that Nekron (the villain from the Tales of the Green Lantern Corps mini-series from the early-80s) is indeed the big-baddie of Blackest Night. The image you see above is from the cover of both the latest issue of Previews and Blackest Night #5 which is coming out in November. Here's a pic of how he originally appeared:

Is that the main Black Lantern Battery attacked to his scythe? If so, then that guy is packing some major cosmic-scale power.
-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:58 am

cant say i have heard of this character before was he a major villian of the corps when he was around in the 80's or was he just hero fodder back in the day? sounds good though
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Postby BurningDoom » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:52 pm

joey1212 wrote:cant say i have heard of this character before was he a major villian of the corps when he was around in the 80's or was he just hero fodder back in the day? sounds good though

He was a major baddie in just one mini-series, that I know of. It was one of DC Comics 1st mini-series, 3-issues long: Tales of the Green Lantern Corps. In it, Nekron is Lord of the Realm of the Dead. He uses dead GLs to fight the living GL Corps. It was a pretty good mini, especially for being from 1983.

So he's not a total lame-o, but he fits Geoff Johns MO, take an obscure character and make him awesome.

-Nate-
***CHECK OUT MY TRADE LIST***
Trade Movies, CDs, & Video Games at:
BurningDoom
Fanatic Realmer

Postby joey1212 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm

BurningDoom wrote:
joey1212 wrote:cant say i have heard of this character before was he a major villian of the corps when he was around in the 80's or was he just hero fodder back in the day? sounds good though

He was a major baddie in just one mini-series, that I know of. It was one of DC Comics 1st mini-series, 3-issues long: Tales of the Green Lantern Corps. In it, Nekron is Lord of the Realm of the Dead. He uses dead GLs to fight the living GL Corps. It was a pretty good mini, especially for being from 1983.

So he's not a total lame-o, but he fits Geoff Johns MO, take an obscure character and make him awesome.

-Nate-

sounds like this bad guy is having a second atempt at raising the dead first in that mini series you've described and now blackest night :)
joey1212
Fanatic Realmer

Return to Comics Corner